Member Services Representative (Casual, minimum 10-15 hours a week) - #104802
Cambrian Credit Union
Member Services Representatives (MSR) are the welcoming and friendly face of Cambrian. In this role, you put members first by assisting with their banking needs and identifying solutions that simplify their finances. Key responsibilities include answering questions, completing transactions, identifying member needs and matching them with products/services or proactively connecting members with other staff; the MSR is the first line of support as members work toward their financial goals.
Causal MSRs are guaranteed a minimum of 10-15 hours a week, although there may be the opportunity to work more. Casual MSRs are required to be available Saturdays and at least one weekday. Casuals must be available for day shifts - applicants with only evening availability will not be considered.
Key Responsibility Areas
1. Provide an exceptional member experience in executing member transactions as the primary point of contact. Proactively engage members, identify opportunities for advice, or introductions to other team members to deepen member relationships
2. Process a full range of member transactions including, but not limited to: deposits, withdrawals, transfers, bill and loan payments while understanding and meeting members’ service needs quickly, professionally and accurately.
3. Demonstrated knowledge in Cambrian product and service offerings to effectively communicate their features and benefits. Responsible for meeting and exceeding specific individual and team based goals by identifying sales and referral opportunities and actively promoting Cambrian’s products and services to meet member needs.
4. Demonstrate your knowledge of technology through educating members on our digital banking solutions (online banking and mobile banking app).
5. Proactively take ownership of responding to and resolving member concerns using standard procedures and escalating non-standard issues as necessary.
6. Operating within the framework of Cambrian’s policies and procedures for the safeguarding of cash, the prevention of fraudulent transactions and efficient handling of transactions and administrative duties. Responsible for meeting the requirements for on-sight balancing, un-located outages, high-risk errors and daily work audits within the designated timelines and targets.
7. Demonstration of personal commitment to teamwork in an ever-changing environment through consistent performance and reliability. Willingly assist team members in achieving branch objectives by completing work in a timely and accurate manner. Provide consistent and reliable attendance that meets Cambrian’s standards.
8. Provide assistance and support to the Member Services Supervisor and Financial Services Assistant as deemed necessary or required.
The starting wage for this position is $18.00 per hour during the probation period and increases to $20.00 per hour after passing probation and our training program.