Mobile Platform Manager - #94886
Requisition ID: 179632
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Marketing Technology & Digital
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Location: Tahoe Office
Postal Code: L4W 0C7
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Ready to Make an impact?
The Manager, Mobile Platform will own the continuous evolution of Sobeys Capital Inc. (all banners) consumer mobile applications. Reporting to the Director, Digital Experience Platform, this role will be accountable for delivering business results through a deep understanding of market, customer and internal stakeholder needs along with product roadmap development that is backed by data-driven prioritization, and successful deployment releases. Leveraging customer, call center and store insights to make actionable recommendations, the Manager will partner cross-functionally with Loyalty, IT, Online and Retail Operations, Customer Care to build and deliver high-quality improvements to the customer and retail experience.
Here’s where you’ll be focusing:
- Own the platform roadmap and drive the development, implementation, maintenance and evolution of the consumer iOS and Android mobile apps while delivering and exceptional customer and retail experience
- Clearly define and prioritize platform issues and opportunities, create stories in collaboration with business, DevOps and operations teams and effectively manage backlog activities
- Leverage data, customer and retail feedback to inform priorities, be laser-focused on conversion and app performance metrics to proactively address issues
- Follow an agile methodology and lead sprint reviews, demos, sprint planning and story refinement in collaboration with agile teams
- Create and socialize the customer and business rationale for relevant platform enhancements to champion and communicate vision
- Contributes to solving complex problems and implementing multi-faceted solutions
- Subject matter expert for mobile app, independently responsible for addressing complex issues and implementing multi-faceted solutions
- Stay current in functional expertise and keep abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies
- Ensure the completion of team deliverables and set/adhere to team budgets, as applicable
- Act as an advocate for the customer by placing them at the forefront of all design and decision-making processes
- Proactively identify and anticipate customer expectations and needs
- Challenge the status quo and consistently identify areas for improvement, diagnose issues and work to resolve them
- Build strong teams by attracting and developing the best talent
- Bring out the best in others, empower and constructively stretch talent
- Give authentic feedback on performance and potential
- Ensure all team members understand where they stand and have clear performance objectives aligned with Indigo and team goals
- Collaborate with others to drive flexible and iterative solutions, quickly and easily
- Share technical knowledge with others and actively seek to learn from those more knowledgeable than yourself
- Help others see the impacts of their efforts and proactively engage other functions to get input
- Encourage others to freely share their point of view and be open to feedback
- Accountable for the overall engagement, productivity, turnover and bench strength of the team
What you have to offer:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or other related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in product/platform management,
- Strong knowledge of mobile product management principles and a set of tried & tested best practices
- Experience working on building and optimizing digital applications
- Experience with native and hybrid mobile app development and APIs
- Experience leading cross-functional mobile app teams including agencies, ideally at a scale where the app has many contributing teams
- An understanding of mobile-first design principles
- Experience in an Agile environment with a Product Owner or Digital Product Manager background is preferred Experience in building products at scale within retail or e-commerce environments
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.