Nurse Practitioner (6 - 12 Month Term) - #104650
Shoppers Drug Mart
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Specialty Health Network (or SHN, as we call ourselves) is a growing division of Shoppers Drug Mart, with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. We pride ourselves in having an awesome work culture and fun environment! We offer competitive salaries, a great benefit package, Shoppers Drug Mart discount, Goodlife gym discount, RRSP/Pension plans, Employee share ownership plan, professional training and development and many more perks!
Shoppers Drug Mart was acquired by Loblaw in 2014, the largest employer in Canada - making your career opportunities within our larger organization - endless!
The Nurse Practitioner is licensed to work in Canada and provides health care advice, education and support to patients across Canada in jurisdictions that allow for cross province care. As point of contact for patients, you will provide convenient and timely supportive services that range from minor acute care treatments to health coaching for various disease states. You will be responsible for triaging incoming requests from patients, assessing their needs and providing the appropriate clinical recommendations and coaching to support resolution of symptoms and/or improvement in perceived health. Patients will be able to contact a registered nurse via a variety of channels including phone, email, text and videoconference. Where necessary, you will be referring patients to primary care clinics, healthcare facilities and community-based resources. Working collaboratively with other health care professionals (pharmacists and dieticians), you will provide a meaningful patient experience, while using your critical thinking skills to develop, implement, and evaluate comprehensive care plans.
What you will do:
- Possess strong clinical expertise and experience in a range of health conditions
- Possess deep compassion and empathy in order to treat our patients and promote healthy lifestyles.
- Utilize nursing processes, through critical thinking, problem solving and decision making, as well as teach, counsel and advocate.
- Engage in service/program development of the clinical telemedicine program, including liaising with healthcare providers and patients, and being a champion and advocate for the program.
- Ensure compliance with provincial and federal privacy legislation including the Mental Health Act.
What you will need:
- Operational hours 08:00-20:00 , occasional weekends and possibly on call
- Five or more years direct clinical experience as Nurse Practitioner
- Current unrestricted professional nursing license to practice in the province of work, Ontario license required
- Ability to apply knowledge of developmental stages, behavioral sciences, pathophysiology, psychopathy, epidemiology, and evidence-based practice to clinical diagnosis and patient management.
- Ability to apply knowledge of pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics to prescribing and evaluating treatment responses.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Ability to provide an organized, efficient approach to telemedicine
- Possession of excellent skills in assessment, communication, critical thinking and decision making
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of SDM Specialty Health Network policies, legal considerations and professional ethics
- Excellent communication skills in English (bilingual French/English where needed)
- Proficiency of computer skills including Microsoft 365; experience with web-based applications (i.e. Sales Force)
- Ability to remain objective and be a team player
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Commitment to the principle of quality client-centered service delivery
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a competitive pay program and online learning through Academy.Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Temporary (Fixed Term)
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.