Operations Leader - #104869
Joining Nortera means choosing opportunities to grow together!
As the North American reference in ready-to-cook vegetables, we are committed to contributing to the well-being of society by providing access to healthy and sustainable food. Nortera produces major private and retail brands and markets its own brands Arctic Gardens and Del Monte.
Why choose Nortera
- Opportunities to work on inspiring projects in a growing company!
- Competitive hourly wage;
- Annual bonus program;
- Complete range of social benefits and employee assistance program (EFAP);
- Possibility of contributing to an RPP with employer contribution;
- Reimbursement for tuition fees and physical activity;
- Referral program;
- Environment that fosters learning and professional development;
Your daily role
You will report to the Operations Manager and join a team that is committed to continuous improvement of safety, and quality procedures while striving to continually improve the delivery to our customers and communities. Note this role requires flexibility and shift work including weekends.
- Coordinate and monitor scheduling of team members to ensure proper staffing; identify staffing needs; and proactively facilitate job transfers to support workforce planning;
- Assume a leadership role in the plant safety, food safety, waste reduction program in our Packaging and Processing areas;
- Participate in onboarding of new team members; coordinate team member training and monitor work performance;
- Develop a working knowledge of equipment to support coaching and mentorship of team members;
- Conduct regular departmental tours and participate in daily meetings; conduct inspections of equipment and premises to ensure a safe work environment;
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience is preferred;
- Mechanical and analytical aptitude and experience;
- Excellent interpersonal/listening skills in order to interact with a diverse workforce; a communicator with proven leadership abilities;
- A proactive, problem-solver with the courage to lead change;
- A positive, energetic attitude and natural leadership qualities
We’re looking for people like you!
Come grow with Nortera!
Although all job applications are considered, only successful applicants will be contacted. The use of masculine gender could have been used without discrimination and only for the purpose of lightening the text. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from a wide variety of candidates in order to staff a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities in which we operate.