Operations Officer I - #94897
November 20, 2023
We’re committed to providing fair and equitable compensation to all our colleagues. As a candidate, we encourage you to have an open dialogue with your recruiter and ask compensation related questions, including pay details for this role.
Department OverviewProvide a broad range of operational support and perform general to specialized transactions and/or other processing activities for own Operations function.
Communicate with partners in a professional manner, demonstrating clear understanding of customers/partners needs and knowledge of TD products and processes.
- Execute transactions accurately, on time and in line with established guidelines / procedures while adhering to formal or informal Service Level Agreement(s) (SLAs)
- Refer or escalate processing or operational issues as needed based on a solid understanding of the issue, connecting with the appropriate function/partner to facilitate resolution and ensure that service quality is maintained
- Identify opportunities to improve service delivery
- Support partners with incoming transactions, validating information as needed to perform adjustments within authority levels
- Interact with partners by responding to requests in an effective and timely manner
- Use effective relationship skills when communicating with partners/colleagues/customers
- Complete assigned workload to meet SLA requirements for service and productivity
- Understand and apply operating policies and procedures
- Consistently exercise discretion in managing correspondence, information and all matters of confidentiality; escalate issues where appropriate
- Support the timely and accurate completion of business processes and procedures
- Escalate non- standard or high-risk activities as necessary
- Support and participate in process improvement opportunities
- Ensure necessary due diligence to support the accuracy of all transactions / activities
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with Bank Code of Conduct
- Participate fully as a member of the team, promote team effectiveness and contribute to a positive work environment
- Support the team by actively building operations knowledge, think critically about processes and opportunities for improvement, and share ideas
- Participate in personal performance management and development activities, including cross training within own team
- Keep others informed and up-to-date about all relevant or useful information related to day-to-day activities
- Contribute to a fair, positive and equitable environment that supports a diverse workforce
- Act as a brand ambassador for function and the bank, both internally and/or externally
Breadth & Depth
- Works within well defined guidelines, accountable for completing routine transactions or repetitive processes within standardized framework and generally with limited financial impact
- Completes standard transactions using a limited number of systems and/or applications
- Executes through a prescribed, established or documented set of parameters / procedures
- Limited to low decision- making authority
- Identifies issues and escalates internally; typically addressing routine requests requiring minimal discretion
- Limited or first level (initial) interaction with internal partners
- Focus of work is on the completion of day to day processes or activities however may include weekly or monthly routine activities
- Requires entry or working level knowledge of processes / procedures
- Generally reports to a Team Manager
- Undergraduate degree/ college diploma preferred and/or
- 0 – 1+ year relevant experience
Company OverviewOur Values
At TD we’re guided by our purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and guide our behavior. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career and be part of our caring and inclusive culture.
Making Your Well-being a Priority
A supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars — physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe and inclusive work environment so colleagues feel a sense of belonging and feel supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes, because when colleagues feel their best, they’re more likely to do their best.
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investment we make in our colleagues to help them, and their families achieve their well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes a base salary, variable compensation, and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits including medical, dental, vision & mental health coverage, savings and retirement programs, paid time off, banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition programs.
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: Hybrid, Onsite and Primarily Remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they’ll always have access to the TD community and experience our culture of care.
Who We Are
TD is one of the world’s leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues.
TD is deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you’ve got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we’re here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing – and so will you.
InclusivenessOur Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At TD, we’re committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We’re dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
Your accessibility is important to us. Please let us know if you’d like accommodations (including accessible meeting rooms, captioning for virtual interviews, etc.) to help us remove barriers so that you can participate throughout the interview process.
How We’re Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That’s why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It’s our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
We look forward to hearing from you!