Pharmacy Assistant - #104567
Loblaw Companies Ltd - Head Office
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued - as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians provides employees a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well.
At No Frills, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. We have opportunities for hard working, enthusiastic and reliable people just like you.
We're looking for talented colleagues who are passionate about providing an exceptional shopping experience for customers and delighting them every step of the way!
In this exciting role you will be responsible for:
• Patient greeting and confirmation of accuracy of all pertinent prescription information prior to filling
• Data entry of patient care information
• Third Party adjudication (if necessary)
• Accurate dispensing prescription medications
• Maintenance of pharmacy stock through inventory control systems
• General OTC enquiries from patients and referral to Pharmacist where required and necessary
• Handling customer prescription pick up
• Experience as a Pharmacy Assistant is an asset
• Excellent organizational skills and detail orientation
• Strong communication skills
• Demonstrated customer service experience
• Proficient computer/data/entry skills
• Flexibility to work a variety of hours which may include days, evenings, night shifts and weekends
At Loblaw, it’s about our respect for the environment, sourcing products with integrity and making a positive difference in the community. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility and a benefits package.
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars
- Environment, Sourcing and Community
- and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas.
Our CORE Values
- Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence
- guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture.
We offer our employees progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits
- these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s
Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our employees, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment.
We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities. Please Note:Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.
NOTE: The Employer noted in this posting is an independently owned corporation (“Franchisee”) which is licensed to use the “No Frills” trademark(s) by Loblaws Inc. Applicants hired by a franchisee will be employees of the franchisee. No employment or similar relationship will be created between the applicant and Loblaws Inc. or its affiliates.