Pharmacy Technician - #104868
Glengarry Memorial Hospital
Hôpital Glengarry Memorial Hospital (HGMH) is a patient-centred primary care hospital that has been established in Alexandria, Ontario for over 50 years. HGMH provides acute care, complex continuing care, 24-hour emergency services, and rehabilitation to over 23,000 residents every year. Our team includes over 180 staff members, 50 Medical Staff members and 100 volunteers who all take pride in bringing quality health care to our local Eastern Ontario community.
HGMH supports equal opportunity employment. We strongly encourage applications from all genders, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department. Human Resources will work together with the hiring committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require.
We thank all candidates for applying. We will only contact candidates selected for further consideration.
Provide service to physicians and nurses of the hospital. Fill prescriptions and enter medication information into the patients’ hospital chart. Manage the hospital’s medication inventory, including ordering, stocking/organizing to prevent medication errors.
- Registered Pharmacy Technician
- Graduate of a CCAPP recognized Pharmacy Technician community college program
- Registered with Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP) as a Registered Pharmacy Technician OR
- Proof of registration, in good standing with the Ontario College of Pharmacists and completion of the Pharmacy Technician Bridging Program by January 31, 2015 is required
- Registered with the Canadian Association of Pharmacy Technicians once registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists is obtained
- Strong mathematical skills to accurately prepare and dispense medications
- Recent hospital or retail experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Performs responsibilities related to all aspects of drug distribution
- Provides for the effective daily operation of all departmental services and programs leading to pharmaceutical care
- Have responsibility for the operation of the Pharmacy Department and work within scope of practice
- Health and physical condition consistent with lifting, pushing, bending, walking, sitting, standing, and keyboarding
- Excellent attendance, punctuality and work record
- Bilingual in French and English at the Intermediate + level preferred
- Previous experience of a minimum of 2 years in either a community or hospital setting preferred
- Previous computer experience, particularly with Meditech, AcuDose Connect-Rx and Microsoft Office/Outlook
Our ‘PACT’ is our promise to have Passion, Accountability, Compassion & Teamwork at the heart of all we do, everyday
- Passion for what we do
- Accountability for our role
- Compassion for those we serve
- Teamwork for each other