Planermill Operations Member - #104954
At Weyerhaeuser, our focus is as much on building our people as building our business. We are committed to creating an environment where individuals can flourish, diversities encouraged, and communities supported. We are one of the premier integrated forest organizations in the world. We've been in business for nearly 120 years and believe strongly in our core values of safety, integrity, citizenship, sustainability, and inclusion, which has awarded us being named as one of the World's most Ethical Companies over 10 times.
We currently have a Temporary full-time opportunity with Planermill Red Team at our Grande Prairie, AB Planermill. We are looking for individuals who are committed to safety & have a desire to work in a team environment within a manufacturing facility while maintaining a positive attitude and good work ethic.
The expectations of this position include:
- Total commitment to working safely, following all safety rules and company policies and procedures
- Support manufacturing by maximizing plant uptime and providing support for facility systems in a safe manner while contributing to corporate, plant, and departmental goals
- Work with a team, operating planer mill machinery and processing equipment.
- Machine Center Preventative Maintenance, Lockout/ Tagout as required, Clean Up Duties
- Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving and communication skills
- Well-developed planning and organizational abilities
- Commitment to learning new systems and equipment
- Natural self-starter
- Ability and desire to see problems through to completion
- Behavior consistent with the Safety Vision and Policy and the Site Principles.
- Ability to meet all Team Norms and Standards with a clear focus on active participation in the Safety Program.
- Able to perform clean up tasks
- Strong interpersonal, listening and communication skills (verbal & written).
- Ability to prioritize and learn quickly.
- Previous experience in the construction or lumber mill is a definite asset.
- Willing and able to perform all duties of the role
- Demonstrated positive leadership capability
- Aptitude for and experience in equipment operations
- Ability to work as a team and independently
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or older and have a High School diploma or GED
- Eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
- Willingness to wear all required personal protective equipment
- Successful completion of pre-employment testing process
- Able to perform basic math and use computers
- Experience in self-directed team environment is a plus
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Job Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Primary LocationCAN-AB-Grande Prairie
Job Level Individual Contributor
Job Type Temporary Work
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values, and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.