Player Relations Coodinator (PRC) - #104944
Edmonton Sport and Social Club
Thank you for your interest in the Player Relations Coordinator (PRC) position. To view the job details below, select a grey title bar which will allow you to expand or collapse each section.
Do you want to work in a fun, sport-obsessed, fast-paced environment?
Do you enjoy wearing a ball-cap and jersey to work?
Then the ESSC is the place for you!
Reporting to the Manager of League Operations at ESSC, the Player Relations Coordinator will manage our Sportsmanship program to ensure a pleasant playing experience for all. This role is crucial to supporting the achievement of our organizational goals and ensuring we offer the best Adult Recreational Sports leagues across Alberta.
Applicants must possess the 3 following traits:
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Proven problem-solving skills
- High Organization
The ESSC is hiring 1 new PRC during this recruiting cycle.
- Manage the entire Sportsmanship program for ESSC
- Review all game reports, comments and online submissions for sportsmanship issues
- Determine sportsmanship rulings and create follow-up plans
- Follow-up with teams via e-mail and phone with decisions and consequences
- Occasionally visit teams/players with sportsmanship issues at their games
- Manage the positive sportsmanship programs (Lady Bing and Hall of Fame)
- Conduct seasonal reviews
- Work with the management team to develop program improvements
- Set-up facility visit tracker prior to each season
- Scout and rate new facilities
- Visit facilities before and throughout each season to ensure standards are upheld
- Maintain and re-stock sports equipment at all facilities
- Update facility descriptions
- Assist the Manager of League Operations with other facility items
- Track and record team statistics for divisional alignment seasonally
- Send skill questionnaires for new teams joining ESSC and place appropriately
- Assist in creating, posting and communicating league schedules
- Assist in planning and executing all league requirements
- Work on Annual improvement projects to enhance the Sportsmanship program
- Attend internal training sessions (conflict management, customer service, learn-a-sport)
- Assist administrative team in schedule building process
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sport Management, Kinesiology, or a related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in a Business Administration role
- Conflict management experience is a crucial asset
- Comfort working independently in a flexible, fast-paced environment
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- A goal-oriented individual
- $45,000 Base Salary
- $1,400 in Available Bonuses
- Annual Raises
- Comprehensive Group Health Benefits Package w/ Greenshield
- Annual Wellness/Health Spending Account
- 3 Weeks Vacation
- 4 Flex Fridays & Birthday Off
- 3 Paid Volunteer Days
- Unlimited Free Play in Sport & Social Club Leagues and Tournaments
- Edmonton Oilers Season Tickets
- Professional Development Training
- Casual Dress Code
- Company/Team Bonding Events
- Free Parking
- Internal Career Progression/Mobility Opportunities
The Edmonton Sport & Social Club was founded in 2004 based on a rising need: adult Edmontonians love to play sports and have fun! The goal of the ESSC is to encourage as many people as possible to ‘get in the game’. Whether players have no skill, or a lot of skill, as long as they want to join in the ‘fun-first, winning-second’ mentality, they will fit right in! With a large variety of leagues, tournaments and events throughout the year, the ESSC offers something for everyone.
- All applicants must complete the online pre-interview form. Please attach your resume and cover letter when prompted.
- Please direct cover letters to Mr Bryce Schumacher, Manager of League Operations.