Procurement and Financial Services Clerk - #104865
Mount Allison University
Reporting to the Manager of Procurement Services, the Procurement and Financial Services Clerk is responsible for procurement requests, support for payment/purchase order requests and liaising with vendors, as required.
- Respond to daily procurement requests, efficiently prioritizing tasks, and assist end users experiencing issues with payment requests or purchase order (PO) requests.
- Prepare monthly P-Card reconciliations and process associated entries.
- Provide audit support for P-Card and payment requests, including report creation, analysis, and providing recommendations. Proactively track down credits when duplicates have been identified.
- Assist in obtaining purchasing information, such as quotes and pricing.
- Assist in maintaining vendor records and communication.
- Handle routine inquiries and support tasks related to vendors.
- Input and organize financial and procurement data.
- Provide administrative assistance to financial services, particularly in reporting functions.
- Act as a backup for receptionist, cashier duties, and support Financial Services team as needed.
- Assist in maintaining a comprehensive list of account signing authorities.
- Assist in the preparation of various tax forms, including T4A and T2202.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College diploma in business/accounting preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience in a large, computerized accounting environment with proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Proficiency with computer applications in Microsoft Office and a willingness to learn new tools
- Organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage workload involving multiple files to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and listening skills with an ability to analyze problems and find potential solutions.
- Accuracy is essential; attention to detail is critical.
If you are interested in the challenges and opportunities that this position has to offer, please forward your application to: Human Resources Department, Mount Allison University, 65 York St., Sackville, NB E4L 1E4 Fax: (506) 364-2385, e-mail: [email protected] Review of applications will begin on February 19, 2024.
Mount Allison is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage applications from members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual and gender identities. We seek candidates with qualifications and knowledge to contribute specifically to the further diversification of our campus community.
At Mount Allison, we are committed to ensuring your interview experience is as comfortable and accessible as possible. If you require any accommodations or adjustments during the interview process, please do not hesitate to inform us. Your needs are important to us, and our dedicated team is here to support you.
Visit our website at www.mta.ca/employment for other employment opportunities at Mount Allison University or to register to receive e-mail notification of new opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.