Produce Manager Produce Manager Surrey, British Columbia, CA, V4A1N5 Store Management Safeway - #104631
Requisition ID: 181042
Career Group: Store Management
Job Category: Retail - Produce
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: British Columbia
Location: 4939 Ocean Park Safeway
Postal Code: V4A1N5
Safeway grocery stores provide an exceptional food shopping experience to consumers from Vancouver, British Columbia to Thunder Bay, Ontario. We are the newest member of Sobeys Inc.’s retail food offering which serves the needs of Canadians with more than 1,600 stores in over 930 communities from coast-to-coast. Whether it's your first job or you're ready for a new challenge, we have a career to fit your life. Our commitment to delivering top quality products and superior service to our customers, and for giving back to the communities we serve has earned us a reputation as an employer of choice for those looking for an exciting career in food retail.
Ready to Make an impact?
This position is responsible for overseeing the implementation of Produce merchandising programs. Responsible for pricing, displaying, ordering and inventory control within the department and for the overall presentation, cleanliness, and profitability of the department, while providing excellence in superior customer service.
Here’s where you’ll be focusing:
- Responsible for superior service goals of the department
- Supervise department staff to include scheduling, training and assigning duties
- Ensure standards of department presentation and operations are met; including cleanliness and sanitation, inventory control, rotation and culling, quality, ordering, variety standards, signing, seasonal schematic, and proper backroom procedures
- Responsible for ordering and inventory control
- Ensure the department has the highest quality of produce available for the customer
- Monitor to ensure variety standards are followed, as well as 100% compliance on ad item display
- Ensure paperwork, as set by division, is followed
- Perform all other related duties as assigned by management
- Responsible for the sales and profitability of the department
What you have to offer:
We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package, varied by role, designed to help our teammates to live better – physically, financially and emotionally.
The salary rate for this position in British Columbia is $30.31/hr. We will consider factors such as your working location, work experience and skills as well as internal equity, and market conditions to ensure that you are paid fairly and competitively
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.