Programmer Analyst - #94872
The Citizen Centric Program Delivery Branch of the Ministry of SaskBuilds & Procurement requires individuals who are motivated and results-oriented for a Programmer Analyst position. Programmer Analysts are responsible for supporting and maintaining application systems, using technologies, such as but not limited to: JAVA, Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0, ASP.Net, C#, VB.Net and modern source control tools. Please indicate your experience in all known technologies when applying. In addition, Programmer Analysts will be expected to have knowledge of applications and relationships with databases and platforms specifically SQL Server and AIX. Our candidates of choice will possess a strong background in programming, researching, developing and writing or executing scripts for enterprise applications or web-based computer systems using such JAVA, VB.net, BASH or ksh.
Typically, the knowledge and skills required for this position would be attained through the completion of a degree in computer science or a related discipline, supplemented with experience working in an application development environment or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Candidates are asked to clearly describe in their cover letter where they have acquired the required knowledge and abilities. Candidates will be screened based on this information.
You will have knowledge of:
- Programming concepts, techniques and languages.
- Knowledge of programming technologies including writing or executing scripts.
- System analysis techniques, facilitation methods, and modelling tools, including SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle).
- Database concepts, theories and principles including backups, scripting, tuning and performance monitoring.
You will have the ability to:
- Design new or adapt existing systems/applications taking into account alternatives, business requirements and cost, resource and time constraints.
- Verbally and in writing explain or present information to a wide variety of technical and non-technical individuals and/or groups in a clear, accurate and understandable manner.
- Work independently and participate as a team member to meet the needs of clients and co-workers and to build productive, positive work relationships.
- Independently prioritize and organize one’s workload to meet tight deadlines and successfully complete projects in a changing environment.
- Diagnose technical problems such as delays, malfunctions and errors in order to determine the true cause of the problem and provide an optimal solution in a reasonable timeframe.
- Able to identify, analyze, and discuss problems using application development experience and knowledge.
- Support, write and execute scripts using a variety of tools.
You will be:
- A self-starter in order to identify system requirements and ensure optimal customer service is delivered.
- Adaptable in order to respond to constant change within a high-pressure environment.
- Customer service and results-orientated.
The successful candidate shall be subject to a criminal record check as a condition of employment.