Project Manager-Ottawa - #104709
CGI Group Inc
Security clearance: Secret Clearance
Location: Ottawa, ON
CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of an outstanding culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, achieve your full potential, and chart your own career. Our benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs and flexible work schedules and locations.
Are you motivated by the opportunity to delight your clients by providing them with innovative solutions to sophisticated technical problems? These are exciting times for CGI, and we are looking for hardworking individuals to innovate with us. If you thrive on innovation where you can influence the direction of technical strategy, come and join our team!
We are looking to add a Senior Project Manager to our National Capital Region (NCR) team to support a large Department of National Defense delivery.
The Senior Project Manager role is responsible for planning and governance and for overseeing the successful delivery of the Program including significant interaction with the client management team and management of project manager(s) within the internal project delivery organization.
• Leading project managers from other internal organizations
• Ensuring the effective delivery of project activities, within approved scope, schedule and budget, while ensuring client satisfaction;
• Continually seeking opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships, including promoting client collaboration on the resolution of any disputes or issues that arise during the project.
• Facilitating the definition of clear and attainable project objectives,
• Managing project financials and budget to ensure expected project margin / profitability is met.
• Maintaining the healthy management of your project by mitigating risks and defining resolution plans for addressing issues.
• Assisting in the preparation of proposals in conjunction with sales and delivery as required.
• Developing detailed statements of work, estimates and work schedules.
• Mentoring team members and junior Project Managers
• Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline or equivalent work experience
• PMP and PMI certifications
• 10+ year of managing large-scale, complex projects in a complex, multi-geographical environment
• 10+ years of Project Management experience, including Program Management experience
• 5+ years of Project Management within the Canadian Federal Government, and, specifically within the Department of National Defense
• Experience managing Agile development projects
• Demonstrated success establishing and maintain Executive-level relationships
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
PMI Project Management Prof
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.