Project Manager, Water - #104818
Associated Engineering Group of Companies
Your responsibilities will include:
We currently have an opening for a Water/Wastewater Project Manager to join our Regional Water team in our Kelowna or Vancouver offices.
This position will involve managing varying projects within the municipal water sector. This position will present many opportunities on a variety of tasks and our expectation will be for the candidate to take a lead role on all aspects of business development, project management and project delivery.
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator with strong organizational skills and leadership potential, who thrives in a dynamic work environment. Your abilities will be strengthened and grown through a range of projects focused on the delivery and management of water and wastewater projects throughout British Columbia. You will also have the opportunity to develop a career path focused on technical leadership, project management, client management, or a combination based on your career aspirations and qualifications.
- Project Management for a variety of water and wastewater projects throughout British Columbia.
- Planning, designing, and providing technical expertise on water projects for a diverse client sector including Private Utilities, Towns, Municipal Districts, Small Cities, and First Nations Communities.
- Maintaining client communications and expectations to our client service objectives
- Guiding the project team through the preparation of technical reports and design documents to support the project and ensure the project and client needs are met in an effective and timely manner.
- Preparing proposals, business development and marketing within municipal sector.
- Collaborating closely with the Manager, Regional Water to develop business plans, staffing and overall growth of the group.
What you will bring:
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institute or diploma in Engineering Technology from an accredited technical institute.
- Registered, or eligible for registration as a professional engineer with EGBC or a technologist with ASTTBC.
- Minimum 7+ years of progressive experience in the engineering consulting industry focused in the water or wastewater sector.
- Proven project management experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Committed team player and highly motivated.
- Self motivated and looking for career advancement.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel within Canada.
At Associated Engineering, we have a diverse workforce and teamwork philosophy. We are committed to the growth and careers of our people, and we take great care in hiring the right people to join our team. Our unique workplace culture has been what sets us apart and we provide:
- A centrally located office in Vancouver that is easily accessible by both bus and Skytrain.
- A hybrid work environment that allows for a combination of working from home and in the office.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including a fitness allowance, and company-matching pension program.
- Ongoing support for your growth and development, including a formal professional development program, mentoring programs, training opportunities, and professional designation support.
- An on-site fitness center with full amenities and bike storage accessible to all staff.
- An active Social Club that promotes social activities in and outside the office and offers subsidized tickets to local events.
- Company supported wellness program that include lunch and learns on various topics.
The salary range for this position is $85,280.00 to $135,200.00 and is commensurate with experience relative to this position.