Project Technician (Buildings) - #104905
City of Kelowna
Date: 1 week ago
City: Kelowna, BC
Salary: CA$45.91 per hour
Contract type: Full time
Position DetailsPosting Information Posting Number CK53029P
Position Title Project Technician (Buildings)
No. of Staff Required 1
Position Type FT
If Term position, enter length of Term in months N/A
Position Groups CUPE Civic
Division Infrastructure (DV220)
Department Infrastructure Delivery (DP214)
Branch Infrastructure Delivery (BR214)
Organizational Information Purpose of your Position - Non Union
Classification Summary - Union A Project Technician leads and manages projects and project teams on new construction, additions and upgrades of municipal infrastructure
Duties - Union
- Develops project briefs and project budgets in collaboration with clients, consultants and industry specialists.
- Reviews project requirements and recommends to the Project Engineer/Manager whether scope of work requires external tendering for design/management by Architect or Engineer, or if the work can be completed in-house.
- Directs consultants and coordinates input on work requirements with the appropriate City staff related to the projects.
- Drafts RFQ, RFP and tender documentation for issuance to procure consultants and contractors; analyzes tender submissions to determine successful contractor(s).
- Negotiates and awards contracts for designated construction projects including the design, labour and materials components of the contracts.
- Reviews construction progress and adherence to tender documentation; identifies and resolves issues arising from site conditions.
- Completes all administrative components for construction projects, including progress payment claims, contemplated change notices, change directives, site instructions, warranty inspections, etc.
- Prepares design drawings and specifications for in-house projects, including the maintenance of as-built drawings using CADD.
- Develops and maintains a design resource library.
Results and Activities - Non union
Credentials - Union
- Related Post-secondary diploma
- BC Drivers License – Class 5
Knowledge - Non Union
Skills & Abilities - Non Union
- Service Excellence
- People Management
- Computer Expertise
Posting Text Physical Demands
Special Instructions to Applicant Please attach copies of your education/membership(s) as “other documents”
Please ensure that you have a resume and Driver’s Abstract to attach, as these are required documents when applying to this posting. If you do not currently possess a Driver’s License, or are waiting to receive a Driver’s Abstract, you are still eligible to apply. Please upload a word document stating, “Driver’s Abstract is on order” or “Do not possess a Driver’s License”
Testing may be required. If no fully qualified candidates apply, those not fully qualified may be considered for a training opportunity. Training rates will apply
Additional Hiring Information Knowledge and experience with Building and Mechanical Systems an asset
Pay Rate Starts at $45.91 per hour with a 2-step progression to $48.82 per hour
Posting Date 02/09/2024
Closing Date 02/23/2024
Days of Work Monday-Friday
Standard Hours per Day 7
Hours of Work 8am to 4pm
Work Location ELLIS PLACE
Specify Work Location
Documents Needed to ApplyRequired Documents
- Driver's Abstract
- Cover Letter
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4