QA Manager - #104772
Our team is looking for a QA Manager for our site in Abbotsford, BC. You will get full benefits and this role is for a 12-month contract and may go longer. You will be working on-site full-time and reporting to the Plant Manager. This is a meat manufacturing company.
What our client offers:
• $61.5k to $88k
•Full benefits start on day one!
• Potential Growth Opportunities
• Discount on food products
• Perkopolis savings
• High pace
• Free onsite parking
Your tasks as a QA Manager:
• Develop, implement, maintain, and reassess all of the Quality Assurance programs required to operate a federally licensed establishment:
- Validation programs (e.g. moisture, chilling, etc)
- Regulatory (e.g. MPIP (Modernized Poultry Inspection Program), CVS (Compliance Verification System), etc.)
- Microbiology (e.g. Salmonella, E. Coli, Listeria, etc.) and
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) /FSEP (Food Safety Enhancement Program) programs with a goal to achieve compliance to regulations, operational efficiency and maintain best practices in the industry
• Work with the Plant Operations, Product Management and Product Development Teams on new products launch and ensure new and existing products meet specifications
•Implement quality enhancement processes such as Quality by Process and resulting corrective actions from audits. Implement procedures at the plant level in conjunction with the Plant Operations (i.e. production, maintenance, sanitation, etc…) to achieve process improvements and cost savings
•Ensure that product meets or exceeds customer quality expectations (product, packaging, labels, etc.). Liaises with the Corporate QA to handle customer complaints and appropriate correspondence at the plants.
•Facilitate and review all environmental sampling, compliance reports and report findings to Maintenance and Plant Managers and Corporate Risk and Environmental Manager to achieve compliance to regulations and maintain best practices in the industry
•Orient all employees on quality, regulatory and food safety principles and policies and ensure they remain current in their knowledge
• Accountable for the maximum performance, technical competence and healthy management succession through acquiring, organizing, developing and motivating personnel
• Accountable for preparation and participation in all third-party audits (i.e. CVS, Costco etc.). Maintain professional interaction with all third-party auditors. Assist in follow up corrective actions and preventative measures from audit findings. Recommend and implement approved improvements to production processes, etc., that increase food safety.
• Smaller size facilities might have Sanitation and Evisceration functions reported to the QA Manager. Back up supervisory support to the functions can be provided by the QA Manager as well at such facilities (i.e. if Supervisor position is vacant). Plant Manager ensures such organizational structure complies with the CFIA regulatory requirements.
• 3-5 years as a QA Manager within a food processing plant
• A Degree in Food Science or a related discipline
• Must be certified to manage/inspect Evisceration function (i.e. MPIP certification)
• HACCP Certification and strong knowledge of Statistical Process Control, GMPs, Quality regulatory requirements and systems
•Strong knowledge of manufacturing food processes
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you!
Contract Info / Information sur le contrat
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 34888
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1