Recruitment Services Associate - #94696
University of Alberta
Shared Services- HR ServicesCompetition No. A100151970D1
Closing Date Will remain open until filled.
This position is a part of the Association of the Academic Staff of the University of Alberta (AASUA).
Internal applicants with relevant experience wishing to pursue a secondment are welcome and encouraged to apply.
In accordance with the Temporary Librarian, Administrative and Professional Officer (TLAPO) Agreement, this position is an initial appointment of 1 year and offers a comprehensive benefits package found at Faculty & Staff Benefits and annual salary range of $62,158 to $103,634.
Location - Enterprise Square, Edmonton, AB. This role is eligible for the Work from Home Program.
Working for the University of Alberta
The University of Alberta acknowledges that we are located on Treaty 6 territory, and respects the histories, languages and cultures of First Nations, Métis, Inuit and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our vibrant community.
The University of Alberta is teeming with change makers, community builders, and world shapers who lead with purpose each and every day. We are home to more than 40,000 students in 200+ undergraduate and 500+ graduate programs, over 13,000 faculty and staff, 260,000 alumni worldwide and have been recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for over a decade.
Your work will have a meaningful influence on a fascinating cross section of people—from our students and stakeholders, to our renowned researchers and innovators who are quite literally curing diseases, making discoveries and generating solutions that make the world healthier, safer, stronger, and more just
About Shared Services:
Shared Services is a close-knit community, composed of smart, approachable service teams who collaborate, exchange knowledge and identify solutions. Our expertise in developing, delivering and innovating the diverse catalogue of services we are responsible for supports the success of our university services.
We provide advice, guidance and leadership in process, quality and accuracy. Ultimately, we create a human, positive experience when it comes to collaboration and problem solving to ensure the solutions meet the parameters and work efficiently for the university community.
Staff who join Shared Services can expect to feel empowered and supported to grow their careers with critical thinking, relationship building and ongoing learning opportunities.
Are you dynamic and passionate about recruiting and ready to make a significant impact? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and excel at building strong relationships? If so, join our team in the new role of Recruitment Services Associate!
As a Recruitment Services Associate, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the University of Alberta. Partnering closely with hiring managers, HR Partners, HR Associates and your colleagues in Talent Acquisition, Immigration and Records - Shared Services you will lead full-cycle recruitment efforts, offering guidance and expertise to attract top talent while ensuring a seamless and equitable hiring process. Your proactive approach, dedication to processes, and commitment to diversity and inclusion will drive our recruitment success.
- Provide strategic consultation to hiring managers, develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
- Craft compelling job advertisements, source candidates, and manage the candidate selection process.
- Manage and participate in the full recruitment cycle process from end to end, including active sourcing, screening, interviewing, and hiring.
- Proactively partner with Hiring Managers, HR Service Partners, and Finance Partners to understand workforce planning outcomes, budgets and forecasts.
- Ensure a high-quality candidate and customer (internal stakeholder) experience throughout the recruitment process
- Lead best practice improvements to our recruitment processes in order to attract and retain top talent.
- Ensure all recruitment metrics are updated periodically. Provide input on new metrics.
- Ensure compliance with collective agreements to align with recruitment practices accordingly.
- Collects and maintains accurate and defensible records for all requisitions and interviews in compliance with records retention schedule
- Lead and participate in recruitment initiatives, including job fairs and community outreach to help build relationships with potential candidates.
- Foster relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Cultivate and manage talent pipelines.
- Handle a diverse portfolio of positions with tight timelines.
- Contribute to the development of innovative recruitment practices.
- Uphold a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion principles.
- Stay abreast of legislation and labor market trends.
Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field. A Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) designation is an asset
- 2-3 years of recruitment experience in a large complex organization or equivalent. 5 years of progressive experience preferably in talent acquisition/recruitment or Human Resources ideally in a unionized/public sector environment would be an asset
- Strong customer service orientation
- Proficiency in data analysis and strategic recruitment
- Exceptional relationship-building skills
- Expertise in talent sourcing channels and recruitment tools
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills
- Business acumen and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills for diverse audiences
- Multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Collaborative team player
- Proficiency in computer software applications
- Availability to travel to North Campus for in-person interviews and other meetings
Join our team and be part of an organization committed to excellence, diversity, and innovation. Help us attract the best talent to drive the University of Alberta forward.
Apply now and shape the future with us!
How to Apply
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. If suitable Canadian citizens or permanent residents cannot be found, other individuals will be considered. The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.