REGISTERED CARE AIDE - #94883
Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Follow the path to an exciting career in long-term care. Help create a home environment for our seniors at Mountainview Lodge.
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Registered Care Aide provides resident care in accordance with resident-centred care philosophy and established regional and facility policies and procedures. As part of the multidisciplinary team and under the direction of the Manager or designate, the Registered Care Aide performs nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration in addition to resident care duties relating to activities of daily living, including personal, social, physical and recreational needs. Transports residents and performs clerical duties.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: Days, Evenings, Nights - 07:00 to 15:00, 15:00 to 23:00, 23:00 to 07:00 rotating
Mountainview Lodge is a single level building attached by a hallway to the Kitimat General Hospital & Health Centre. The building is situated within walking distance of physicians’ offices. There are 36 beds, three designated for respite and three short stay beds. There is a monthly recreational calendar displaying a variety of activities intended to promote physical, social, spiritual and emotional well-being. Hairdresser and barber services are available onsite. Hairdresser services are available for a fee determined by the Kitimat Hospital Auxiliary. Mountainview Lodge also provides an on-site integrated community adult day program.
Kitimat has a population of 8,131 (2020) local residents. Kitimat offers excellent fishing, endless trails, and backcountry. People come to Kitimat to enjoy more of the things they love. Check out Kitimat where there is always something new to experience.
What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• “Loan Forgiveness Programs” are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.
• Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
Must have current registration with the BC Care Aide Registry
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.