Rehabilitation Assistant - Temporary Part-time - #104803
Queensway Carleton Hospital
POSITION: Rehabilitation Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Rehabilitation Services
CONDITIONS: Temporary Part-time (FTE 0.50) for approximately three (3) months
HOURS: Approximately 37.5 Bi-weekly Hours
SHIFTS: Days / Evenings / Weekends 7.5 hours per shift (subject to change)
WAGE RANGE: Scale Minimum Maximum CUPE24 $27.91/hr $30.06/hr
- As a member of the interdisciplinary team, the Rehabilitation Assistant (RHA) provides assistance to professional staff (members with designations of Occupational Therapy (OT), Physiotherapy (PT), and Speech Language Pathology (SLP)) by supporting treatment in achieving an optimal level of functional independence for patients.
- Provide support for maintenance of a clean and safe working environment for therapeutic services and clerical support for inpatient and outpatient therapeutic services.
- Demonstrate QCH values: collabortation, accountability, innovation and respect
- Certificate or Diploma from a recognized College in formal Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy Assistant Training
- Basic Cardiac Life Saver (BCLS)
- Computer skills - email, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
- Experience in a general hospital setting.
- Experience working in an interdisciplinary team
Please note that according to the Ontario Health and Queensway Carleton Hospital Vaccination Policy, all applicants must be fully vaccinated unless they can provide the proof of a valid medical contraindication or exemption on the basis of protected grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code in order to be considered for any staff or volunteer opportunities. Upon hiring, applicants must provide the proof of either government issued documentation proving they have been fully vaccinated, or present supporting documentation of a valid medical contraindication or exemption under Ontario Human Rights Code.
Thank you for your continued interest in Queensway Carleton Hospital. We deeply value and celebrate the principles of equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging, as they are integral to the enrichment of our work environment. We believe that by fostering an inclusive and diverse community, we can achieve our mission of providing exceptional healthcare services to all individuals with compassion and respect. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our organization including, but not limited to women, racial or ethnic minorities, First Nations, Inuit, and Métis peoples, persons with Disabilities, and 2SLGBTQI+ communities.
At Queensway Carleton Hospital, we are committed to ensuring accessibility and accommodating the needs of all candidates throughout the entire selection process. Our dedicated recruitment team is readily available to assist individuals with any inquiries or concerns regarding accessibility and accommodations at any stage of our recruitment process. We invite you to reach out and let us know how we can best support you. We look forward to welcoming diverse talent into our team and continuing to make a positive impact in the lives of our patients and the communities we serve.