Research Assistant - #94970
Job title: Research Assistant
Department: Centre for Advancing Health Outcomes at Providence Research (PR)
Location: St. Paul’s Hospital, Vancouver, BC
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000
Full/Part-time: Full-time (37.5 hours/week)
Appointment Type: 12-month term with the possibility of extension. This is a Providence Health Care temporary, non-contract (union-excluded) appointment. All research positions are dependent on grant funding continuing to be available.
Desired Start Date: As soon as possible
Application Closing Date: Open until filled
How to Apply: Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to **@advancinghealth.ubc.ca; applications that don’t include both will not be reviewed
Equity and diversity are essential to research and academic excellence. An open and diverse community fosters the inclusion of voices that have been underrepresented or discouraged. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or a person who identifies as First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous. Advancing Health welcomes a broad range of applicants and accommodations are available for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We welcome applications from candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.
Who We Are
Bridging the gap between data, research, and care, Advancing Health is a collaboration between cross-disciplinary scientists and expert research staff evaluating the effectiveness of health interventions at the population level. From assessing the cost-effectiveness of a new drug or treatment option to informing policy decisions that change how care is delivered, Advancing Health seeks to improve health outcomes for all.
Our Commitments to You
At Advancing Health, we are committed to providing an inclusive, dynamic, and cooperative work environment in which all members are encouraged to pursue personal and professional growth. We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefits, including:
- A minimum of 4 weeks of paid vacation annually (prorated for part-time staff)
- Paid time off between the December and January statutory holidays
- Other paid leaves to support health, wellness, and work-life balance
- Extended health and dental plans
- Membership in the Municipal Pension Plan plus employer-paid contributions
This position is responsible for supporting a national adaptive platform trial to evaluate treatments for COVID in out-patient and community settings.
Integrated within a busy, multidisciplinary team, the successful applicant will work closely with Advancing Health staff, the study team, including the study project managers, pharmacist and community engagement specialist. Some of the work performed includes:
- Providing administrative support to the BC HUB physician lead and Research Project Managers and other study team members.
- Screening participants in person and/or over the phone
- Recruiting and consenting participants in person and/or over the phone
- Assisting in ethics applications
- Practice research in compliance with GCP, ICH and Tricouncil Policy Statement requirements and regulations.
- Entering data in the study database
- Tracking recruitment and other study activities
- Attending study team meetings as required
- Other administrative support duties as required
- Bachelors of Science degree and/or masters of Science/Public Heath degree and a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in research assistance; OR any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Clinical trial experience is an asset
- Experience with reconciling financial expenses and managing participant payments is an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical and scientific terminology
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to learn new skills
- Excellent organizations skills to manage multiple tasks in a timely manner and flexibility to adapt to changing workload.
- Ability to keep written records
- Ability to understand written and verbal direction
Covid-19 Vaccine Mandate
This position is located within a healthcare facility. Therefore, this position requires successful verification of full vaccination against Covid-19 provided prior to the start date, as required by the provincial health mandate.