Retail Sales Associate (Seasonal) - #94875
Who We Are:
Since 1906, New Balance has empowered people through sport and craftsmanship to create positive change in communities around the world. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We foster a culture in which every associate feels welcomed and respected, where leaders and creatives are inspired to shape the world of tomorrow by taking bold action today. At New Balance, We Got Now.
Retail Sale Associates ensure our retail stores operate smoothly and provide exemplary customer service. Educated with expert product knowledge, they utilize proper selling techniques to assist customers throughout every step of the transaction process, always positively representing the New Balance brand.
- Provide customer service using proper selling techniques, product knowledge, and the GUEST service model:
- Greet and make customer contact
- Understand the customer's needs
- Educate the customer on product features and benefits
- Solve any customer problems/answer any questions
- Transact the sale through suggestive selling, multiple selling, and effective closing
- Correctly measure and fit customers with appropriate NB product
- Inform customers about any promotions we have running
- Keep the floor always looking its best – neat, organized, and well stocked
- Make sure items are labeled and price marked properly
- Protect our products by greeting customers, attaching/detaching security tags, monitoring floor merchandise, reporting shrinkage and security violations, etc.
- Follow safety regulations, including proper lifting procedures and timely reporting of all accidents and near misses
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Should be a people person!
- Past retail experience preferred, but not necessary
- Strong customer service and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to flourish in a team environment
- Familiarity with cash register functions
- Ability to quickly perform basic math
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends and holidays
- Ability to: lift 4 lbs. frequently; lift maximum 8 lbs. occasionally; kneel or squat frequently; move boxes of product up to 50 lbs (with assistance if necessary); stand for extended periods of time; climb ladders occasionally; climb and descend stairs frequently (depending on location)
Flexible Work Schedule
For decades we have fostered a unique culture founded on our values with a particular focus on in-person teamwork and collaboration. Our hybrid model encourages rich in-person experiences, showcasing our commitment to teamwork and connection, while providing high levels of flexibility to associates. North American office-based associates are expected to come into the office on Wednesdays, with other occasional in-office days for in-person meetings and events as needed. Our offices are fully open and amenities are available across our North American office locations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.