Sales Execution Strategy Manager Nutrition Group - #94776
The Coca-Cola Company
Our vision is loved brands, done sustainably, for a better shared future. We strive to provide cutting-edge excellence in ingredients, innovation, design, and marketing. As the Sales Execution Strategy Manager – Coca-Cola Nutrition Group, you will lead the in-market execution and performance management of our Brand and Commercial strategies in assigned channel and customers. This role is critical to the success of the Nutrition Group and will collaborate with their retail sales partners to execute a consistent and coherent in-market look of success that results in the assortment, merchandising, pricing, and shelving that matches our Brand and Commercial strategies created to accelerate category growth for our customers. This role will partner with Retail Sales, Category Operations, Pricing Execution, Sales Operations, and our Broker Partners to drive team engagement through best-in-class routines, communications, and scorecards. We are looking for people that have a passion for building relationships and are results driven and with a sales focus. This role is on the Juice & Dairy business unit, accountable for exciting brands such as Simply, Minute Maid, Fruitopia, Five Alive, Peace Tea, Gold Peak Tea, Nestea, Honest Kids and fa!irlife milk.
What you'll do for us
- Responsible for the in-market execution of Channel and Customer Brand, Commercial, Sales Operations priorities that results in delivering our share, volume, transaction, and net revenue targets that align to our Long-Range Planning
- Lead the monthly and annual routines used to train, collaborate, and scorecard execution of the Brand, Category Operations and Pricing Execution look of success in assigned channel and customers
- Lead assigned channel and customer annual AMPs plans and alignment to Brand and Commercial plans
- Track channel/customer main indicators (e.g. SOVI (Share of Visual Inventory), TDPs, Shelving, Share, Pricing, Volume, Revenue, etc.), review business performance, and design impactful actions to accelerate what’s working and improve what’s not working
- Partner with RGM, Category Operations, Pricing Execution to develop and align on key execution initiatives
- Partner with Retail Sales and Broker Sales Agency to accelerate opportunities and close execution gaps
- Partner with the Retail Sales Team to improve internal processes, support tools implementation and route to market (RTM) execution revisions.
- Act as the Channel and Customer subject matter expert for Brand and Commercial Teams
- Retail Sales primary liaison for the channel and customer sales operations activity and sales support material; POS, Samples, Customer Marketing, New Items, Supply Chain problem solving, Legal
Location: Remote/Virtual, but must be based out of Toronto, Ontario.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma
- 5+ year of Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) / Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) industry Sales Operations/Commercial experience
- Communication and Project Management Skills: Strong communication skills that foster strong relationships across multiple functional teams with the ability to lead and influence teams through projects.
- Critical Thinking & Analytical Skills: Ability to draw insights and actions from data that help problem solve and contribute to delivery of business results.
- Problem Solving: Ability to recognize when a process improvement should occur and have an understanding of the issue and how to develop the new process.
- Delivers Results: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and channels own and others' energy to consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
- Lives the Values: Demonstrates the values of The Coca-Cola Company through words, actions, and by example; fosters an environment that reflects the values of the company.
- Ideal candidate will have strong end-to-end knowledge of sales & sales systems, policy management, and strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of CPG industry business systems and the back-shop processes to support and maintain the business.
- Familiarity with key data systems; Planning & forecasting tools (e.g. Matrix, Transformer/TPM, CAS, Power BI, Analyze in Excel); financial & sales reporting (SAP, Oracle); performance management & execution metrics; Microsoft Applications (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Ability to foster relationships across multiple functional teams.
What We Can Do for You
- Iconic & Innovative Brands: Our portfolio represents over 250 products with some of the most popular brands in the world, including Coca-Cola, Simply and fa!rlife.
- Expansive & Diverse Customers: We work with a diversified group of customers which range from retail & grocery outlets, theme parks, movie theatres, restaurants, and many more each day.
Coca-Cola Limited is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have a number of programs and policies in place to support this goal. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact our HR Shared Service team by calling 1-877-677-6774. Coca-Cola Limited will consult with all applicants with a disability who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicants individual accessibility needs.
Sales Process; Persuasion; Team Operations; Sales Cycle; Key Accounts; Marketing; Project Management; Contracts; Pricing Strategies; Client Relationship Management; Microsoft Office; Communication; Manage Execution; Negotiation
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.