Sales Specialist, Millwork (Full Time) - #104632
By joining the RONA family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Benefits: insurance (certain conditions apply), annual salary review, etc.
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- Teamwork and ongoing training
- A comprehensive training program for all new hires
- A student incentive program
- And much more!
At RONA, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 450 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our RONA, Lowe’s, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, we could be perfect for each other.
The primary function of the Sales Specialist, Windows and Walls is to serve as the store expert on windows and walls by providing detailed product information to both customers and other associates.
- Conduct sales activities and build relationships with customers including promoting and recommending products or services that match customer needs, informing customers on pricing, options, or status on pending orders, and keeping shelves stocked with adequate inventory to support sales
- Perform order management duties such as entering new orders for customers, reaching out to vendors on special orders, tracking and fulfilling orders, and resolving issues
- Provide excellent customer service through the daily execution of RONA customer service programs, following up on completed orders to ensure customer satisfaction, and assisting customers as needed in locating, selecting, carrying, and loading merchandise
- Train associates
- Operate store equipment
- Support other departments as needed
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment by complying with company policies and procedures for merchandising, housekeeping, safety, and monitoring for potential theft or security risks
- Complete all other duties as assigned
The qualifications we are looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of experience entering and submitting customer sales orders, including special orders
- At least 2 years of experience identifying and selling products based on customer needs or plans
- At least 2 years of experience in providing customer service including identifying and resolving customer complaints, greeting customers, answering phones, building relationships with customers, and thanking customers for their business
- At least 2 years of experience following up on outstanding or incomplete customer orders, sales, or installs
- At least 1 year of experience promoting product-related services and plans such as installations, deliveries, credit financing, or extended protection plans
- At least 2 years of experience in a sales environment with required sales goals or metrics
- At least 1 year of experience selling window treatments
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds daily without assistance
Wage: $18.40 - $25.00. Pay can vary based on experience. Pay is for the location advertised.
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Rona Inc. is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.