Senior Accountant - #104765
About the Company
Our client is a software company. They are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant who will be part of building out a Financial Operations Center of Excellence within the team.
Why Work Here
- 20% YoY growth last 2 years and strong future growth expected
- Strong GM and a recent Capital Induction. The company has plans to triple in size over next 3 years!
- This role will be pivotal in company growth and work directly with Executive leadership team, including regularly with the CFO.
About the Opportunity
Within the first 3 months:
- Gain a deep understanding of how the company’s financial operations functions.
- Participate in a finance transformation project, including automations, simplifications and enhanced controls.
- Support business needs and ensure that processes are aligned and compliant.
- Develop monthly/quarterly accounting reports for the management and executive teams.
- Review financial statements for errors, omissions, or inconsistencies.
- Take a lead role in managing the organization Purchase to Pay (P2P) and Treasury/Tax ensuring service level agreements are met
- Provide backup support to the Record to Report (R2R), Order to Cash (O2C) including transaction processing and reviews
- Manage preparation of all statutory compliance documentation where required (including monthly working papers)
- Engage with the CFO on potential issues concerning compliance requirements.
- Maintain momentum against key objectives set-out as part of the first 3 months
- Prepare monthly commentary and analysis surrounding changes in financial position from one period to the next (monthly, quarterly, annual) efficiently leveraging reporting, data and engaging with key stakeholders.
- Ensure that the close process is completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Monitor emerging technology to determine ways to automate the accounting process without sacrificing accuracy and accountability
- Maintain momentum against key objectives set-out as part of the first 12 months
- Providing statutory and tax audit support.
- CPA Deisngation
- 5+ years experience within Accounting required, including some experience in A/R or Collections
- Experience with process improvements and efficencies, proactive thinking (ie. How can we approach this task better?)
$95,000 - $105,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #399794
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.