Senior Accountant - Financial Reporting (Vancouver) - #94641
GeoComply provides fraud prevention and cybersecurity solutions that detect location fraud and help verify a user's true digital identity.
We’re GeoComply! We're a market-leading technology provider with teams across five countries and three continents with a global customer base. And we have no plans to slow down.
Achieving 650% growth in annual revenue over the past three years and dubbed a tech “Unicorn,” we’re revolutionizing how people and businesses use the internet to instill confidence in every online interaction. Trusted by leading brands and regulators for the past ten years, our geolocation solutions are installed on over 400 million devices and analyze over 10 billion transactions a year.
At the heart of it all is the people - we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining a world-class experience for our employees and partners, and providing for the needs of our customers.
GeoComply seeks a Senior Accountant (Financial Reporting) to be a key member of the Accounting team, reporting to the Senior Manager, Accounting (Financial Reporting).
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-growth organization where you will have direct business impact.
- Lead the preparation of annual and quarterly external financial statements, including the income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statements and related notes under US GAAP;
- Consolidate financial statements from multiple subsidiaries to report on consolidated results;
- Play a pivotal role in achieving accurate and timely monthly financial reporting;
- Analyze complex accounting issues and the related accounting memos;
- Stay updated on emerging accounting standards and assist in implementing new accounting standards as required, ensuring compliance with regulations and industry best practices;
- Assist in setting accounting policies in accordance to US GAAP;
- Facilitate the annual external audit process;
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated reporting packages for presentation to the senior leadership team;
- Identify opportunities for process improvement within the external financial reporting function;
- As the company progresses toward going public, participate in activities such as MD&A, SEC compliance, and IPO preparations;
- Support of ad-hoc requests and leadership of new workstreams as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent
- CPA designation or equivalent qualification in good standing
- 2+ years of accounting experience in a senior accounting or financial reporting role
- Big 4 Accounting Firm experience who has worked on public companies engagements
- Familiar with Netsuite or similar ERP system
- 85000 - 110000 CAD, per-year-salary
The typical salary range for this position is from $85,000-110,000 annually. The base pay offered may vary depending on a variety of factors including, your qualifications, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
In addition to our competitive salary package, we also offer the following personal and professional development benefits:
Performance-based bonus and equity plans
Generous paid vacation and sick days
Extended health benefits
Generous training and development allowance
Charitable and DEI initiatives
Joining the GeoComply team means you’ll be part of an award-winning company to work, learn and grow. We are fast-paced, high-impact, and have a can-do team culture.
To be successful in our organization, you need an eager attitude, professionalism, and the confidence to willingly work to prove yourself and your ideas, and earn the trust of the organization.
Here’s why we think you’d love working with us.
We’re working towards something big
We’ve built a reputation as the global market leader for geolocation compliance solutions for over 10 years. We’re trusted by customers from all over the world, and the next few years will be particularly exciting as we continue to scale across new markets.
Our values aren’t just a buzzword
Our values are the foundation for what we as a company care about most. They signify the commitment we make to each other around how we act and what we stand for. They are our north star as we work together to build a company we’re all proud to be a part of. Learn more, here.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are
In collaboration with our team and external partners, we promote DEI in our recruitment and hiring practices; scholarships and financial aid; training and mentorship programs; employee benefits, and more.
Learning is at the heart of our employee experience
At GeoComply, we foster an environment that empowers every employee to gain the knowledge and abilities needed to perform at their very best and help our organization grow. From a professional development budget to local training opportunities, knowledge-sharing sessions and more, we are continually investing in employee career growth and development.
We believe in being a force for good
We profoundly care about our impact on the world and strive to make meaningful contributions to the communities we work and live in. Our Impact division focuses on philanthropic and social responsibility initiatives, including supporting our local communities, advancing equality, and harnessing our technology to protect vulnerable groups. Learn more, here.
We care about our team
Our GeoComply team is talented, driven and hard-working, and is known for its positive attitude and energy. At GeoComply, we take care of our employees with the total package. Team members are generously rewarded with competitive salaries, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits program.
We value in-person collaboration
The benefits we have seen from teams being together have been tremendous in how we are able to collaborate and swiftly inform each other on what is happening across the company. By introducing an 80% attendance rate, we have seen the value in achieving more together as a company as we continue to foster collaboration across team members and departments.
Interested in joining our team? Send us your resume and a cover letter. We can’t wait to meet you!
- - - - - - - - - -
At GeoComply, we live our value of Act with Integrity. Our workplace is built on mutual respect and inclusion, and we welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and identities. Creating an accessible interview experience for all candidates is important to us. If you have any requests (big or small) throughout our hiring process, please don’t hesitate to let us know so we can do our best to prioritize your needs.
We care about your privacy and want you to be informed about your rights. Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice before applying for the position.