Senior Clinical Analyst - #94709
Humber River Regional Hospital
Join our professional team as we leverage Humber River Health's fully digital infrastructure, a first in North America, to operationalize data corporately providing advanced, predictive, and prescriptive analytics.
Humber River Health is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver/support the delivery of excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
The Health Analytics Team at Humber River Health is an advanced healthcare analytics group that uses scientifically rigorous methods to conduct meaningful analyses that generate data-driven insights and recommendations so clinicians and leaders can make better decisions to improve patient outcomes, patient experience, provider experience, and reduce cost/increase efficiency. Members of the Health Analytics Team focus on advancing Humber’s Health Analytics Strategy, supporting program areas with business needs as it related to health analytics, including program planning, market research, and proposals.
Right now we are looking for a Full-Time Permanent Clinical Analyst to join our newly formed Health Analytics team.
Are you a compassionate analyst who is focused on supporting the delivery of high-quality, safe-care through analytics? If yes, we invite you to read the details below then apply.
Location: Humber River Health - all sites
Hours of Work: Days
Employee Group: Non-union
Job Summary: The Clinical Analyst, Health Analytics works closely with Directors and other stakeholders to seek out requests, understand and document the underlying business need, and leverage the correct analytic / business tools, to empower leaders with the right information. When relevant, the Clinical Analyst will work with other members of the Health Analytics team to develop and document requirements for automated technical solutions, and ensure data integrity, validity and
- Meets with clinicians and leaders as required, provide an overview on analytic capabilities to support with user request solicitation.
- Attend program, review, utilization and/or budget meetings to identify opportunities to empower program areas with analytics, and identifies deliverables.
- Provide dedicated support to identified program areas obtaining an intimate understanding of their operations, supporting identification of operational needs and opportunities where health analytics can support.
- Support in the development of key performance indicators (KPIs), scorecards, and/or outcome metrics.
- Identify opportunities to automate data, including, but not limited to, data collection, tracking, trending and reporting.
- Perform review/evaluation on the best mechanism/solution to support the health analytics at HRH.
- Collect business requirements using techniques such as “Voice of the customer”, to distinguish between user requests and the underlying business need.
- Translate business needs to operational requirements in analytics (e.g. reports, dashboards, etc.).
- Document requirements in use case format and create process models, leveraging principles in human factors, design thinking and usability heuristics.
- Identify methodological approaches and the data required to answer specific data science questions;
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to identify analytic solutions and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs. Act as a bridge between the business community and ICAT for analytics.
- Produce high quality ad hoc and standardized reports customized per project, tailored to different end-users (e.g. clinicians, researchers, senior management, and hospital executives).
- Pre-process raw data to prepare for analysis. This includes cleaning and merging data from multiple sources, as well as understanding overall data quality.
- Assist with writing project protocols including: data extraction, cleaning, predictive model, and validation plans
- Assist with writing code to put final analytic solutions into production.
- Write documentation and contribute to project repositories so that all work is reproducible.
- Validate data collected and reported by the health analytics team.
- Validate any output tables, listings or figures generated to ensure accuracy and reliability of analyses.
- Completes cleaning/consistency checks and other quality control measures necessary for the final analysis.
- Critically evaluate and align the right data and output to business needs, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding.
- Write HTML, PDF, Microsoft Word, and/or Microsoft PowerPoint reports summarizing the analysis.
- Prepare presentations for program areas, and leadership, and/or present finding of analysis.
- Perform and document analytic requirements for analytic solutions to be built by the data engineer/developer, including interactive dashboards in BCA, reports with interactive visualizations using libraries like Highcharts, plotly, and other analytic solutions.
- Conduct an exploratory and statistical analysis of data to assess feasibility of new data science projects using the R, Python or other programming languages.
- Coordinate and write business cases as requested, understanding the business need, collaborating with finance/decision support for financial or staffing data, contribute with additional data, and provide for review to supervisor and program leadership.
- Undergraduate degree in health care, statistics/biostatistics, health informatics or related discipline required
- Master’s degree in health care, statistics/biostatistics, health informatics or related discipline preferred
- 5 Years experience in healthcare required
- 2-3 Years experience in analytics / using analytic tools required (e.g. SAS, R Studio, Tidyverse, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with leaders, physicians, inter-professional team members, and other stakeholders
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills, with demonstrated competency in information and communication technology
- Demonstrated excellent organizational and coordination skills and the ability to prioritize multiple competing workload demands
- Excellent organizational, critical appraisal and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High level of initiative and self-direction.
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record is a requirement
- Professional Certifications in CHIM or PMP preferred
- Regulated Health Professional preferred
- Experience with Meditech preferred
- Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) Solutions, predictive analytics, machine learning preferred
- Experience writing proposals, written submissions, and/or business cases preferred
Why choose Humber River Health?
At Humber River Health, our staff, physicians, and volunteers are lighting new ways in healthcare. We are proud to be recognized as a part of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers by Mediacorp Canada Inc. We support employees by providing evidence-based leadership and cultivating a culture that consistently wows as a Huron Consulting hospital. We are a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network (TAHSN) and are deeply involved in research and academic collaboration. We are dedicated to high-quality patient care and demonstrate our values of compassion, professionalism, and respect.
Attracting and retaining a workforce that represents the diverse communities surrounding Humber River Health, is a priority. We encourage applicants from all equity-deserving groups, including but not limited to, individuals who identity as Indigenous, racialized, seniors, persons living with disabilities, women, and those who identify as 2SLGBTQ.
Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process as well as during employment at Humber River Health. Please direct any accommodation requests to our recruitment team.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Health, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee’s first date of employment. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.