Social Media Manager - #94853
Date: 2 weeks ago
City: Abbotsford, BC
Salary: CA$60,000 - CA$70,000 per year
Contract type: Full time
Hey! I'm Jenn, Operations Manager for our newly formed Musora department, which sits on the broader Musora Team. We're an online music education company that's on a mission to help you play the songs you love!
I'm looking for a Social Media Manager to pave the way for our Musora brand. You'll be responsible for the strategy, content, and engagement for all of Musora’s social channels.
To apply: Please answer all of our application questions and provide a thoughtful cover letter.
Key Duties: You will play a big role in developing and establishing Musora’s social media channels, and will be the sole owner in managing Musora’s social media channels:
- Develop and establish Musora’s social media channels, collaborating with the marketing leadership team.
- Develop and manage a consistent posting schedule, engage with Musora’s audience, and maintain excellent channel health on all major social platforms:
- Content Curation & Creation
- Collaborate with production & creative teams to facilitate the production of original social content
- Generate and edit your own engaging content
- Artist Relations
- We get world-class artists at Musora. It will be your role to help showcase these amazing talents and create content they would be proud to share
- Monitor & implement organic lead-generation initiatives
- Giveaways, valuable free resources, outlining graphics & carousels
- Stay up to date with emerging social trends, tools, platforms, features, and opportunities
- Maintain a social media calendar for all platforms.
- Maintain social media best practices across all social platforms.
- Collaborate with marketing leadership for brand positioning and consistency.
- Work with our Creative and Production teams to get the content you need to make an impact.
- Report on social media performance each week.
- Artist Relations: Ensure you speak on behalf of Musora while interacting with artists, and maintaining a positive and professional environment.
We want to harness your strengths while supporting your development – and we’re looking for somebody who is exceptional in a few areas:
- 3+ years of social media experience.
- Excellent copywriting skills.
- Working knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics.
Skills, Abilities, & Attributes:
- Organization. Musora has a growing team. That means you’ll need to stay on top of multiple schedules, studio bookings and more to ensure we’re hitting marketing deadlines. You’ll have studio crews at your disposal, creative departments to help with graphics, and production teams to provide you with awesome video content. But you’ll need to organize them.
- Detail Oriented. Millions of people see the words we write and the videos we release. You need to catch spelling errors, identify schedule conflicts, and have deep empathy for our audiences.
- Education. Ideally, you’ll have a minimum of two years and preferably a 4-year degree in a business-related university program. Marketing education or training is a big boost!
- Music Enthusiast. You love or play music, and you know how to talk about it. You know what gets artists, music-enthusiasts and musicians excited. You know what they struggle with. You know how to connect and help someone see progress.
- Ability to exhibit the Company's Core Values: Empathy, Passion, and Grit, as defined on our company website.
What we offer you
- Career Growth. We care about your career growth! We’re always open to learning what you need to be successful and will do our best to work with you to make that possible!
- Learning and Development. We encourage our employees to learn and develop their unique talents and strengths and offer Gallup-Clifton Strengths coaching and workshops.
- Benefits. Physical & mental health benefits, prescriptions, dental, and vision benefits - we care about our employees and want to ensure YOU have the benefits you need to stay healthy and well.
- Paid time off. We understand and value the importance of rest and recovery, including time away from work! (Plus, you’ll get your birthday off .)
- On-site gym. We have a miniature “iron paradise” you’re welcome (encouraged, even) to use at your leisure.
- Onsite SNACKS. Including an assortment of drinks (alcoholic and nonalcoholic), Cliff bars, fruit, and a delicious assortment of cheeses.
Who we are (Musora Media):
About Musora Media
At Musora Media, we make playing the songs you love easier by combining great teachers, organized lessons, and practical technology with student-centred communities
Jared Falk founded his first online lesson community in 2003 and has been steadily growing online education communities since then. Over time Musora Media has become a multi-faceted business that includes online media properties, digital and physical products, and an online education platform with over 80,000 students
While we love all instruments, we currently have communities for drums (Drumeo), piano (Pianote), guitar (Guitareo) and voice (Singeo) within our online membership
Underpinning all of our efforts are two simple goals:
- Create more musicians
- Keep them playing longer
At Musora Media, we want you to bring your unique self to work and play. Please let us know if you require any accommodations at any stage in our hiring process. We will do our best to provide reasonable accommodation
Musora Media Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are a necessity and that all humans have strengths, skills, and abilities that are unique and valuable. We do not permit discrimination or harassment of any kind. This includes all employment practices within Musora Media because we hire based on qualifications and business needs. We truly care about ensuring a transparent culture where everyone feels welcome, heard, and appreciated
Please note that while we offer flexible work environments, we are a Canadian company and cannot sponsor visas for this position. You must be eligible to be employed in Canada to be selected, meaning you must be a Canadian Citizen, a Permanent Resident of Canada, or have a valid Canadian work permit. If you have an existing work visa and require certain documentation to assist with renewal, our People & Culture team would be happy to help.
All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of background checks and/or employment verification results.