Software Engineer Consultant/Expert - #104652
Transforming the Future with Convergence of Simulation and Data
Software Engineer Consultant/Expert
Our client in Kanata, ON is looking for a Software Engineer Consultant/Expert. This is a contract position.
What You Will Do:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on the software development for various next-generation connected vehicles. Connected vehicles are quickly becoming the new norm in the automotive industry, and you will be part of the team that delivers the core of those capabilities. We are looking for candidates who strive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You will be part of a growing team that thrives on open communications, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success. In-House Product Development Team is composed of highly skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a fast-paced and technically challenging environment. Members are involved in developing software for our next-generation automotive networking, emphasizing middleware application development that connects various Electronic Control Units together.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Work in Agile SW development environment to deliver state of the art SW solutions working on CAN and Ethernet networks.
- Design, implement, debug, test and maintain software features using C++.
- Share ideas for innovation and process improvements.
- Experience with Unix development (multi-threading, synchronization primitives, interrupts, etc.).
- Low level debugging experience (core analysis & gdb familiarity).
- Experience with MQTT messaging - profiling and benchmarking experience.
- Proactive and interested in learning new tools and technologies.
- Working experience with different embedded build systems and embedded tool chains.
- Experience with git source control management.
- 5+ years¿ experience with C++ development.
- Experience using an RTOS (e.g.: QNX, VxWorks, Embedded Linux).
- Strong foundation in computer science, with competencies in memory management, data structures, algorithms, networking, and software design.
- Strong ability for troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-site team environment where self-driven and self-motivated capabilities are key initiatives.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “First”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP) with matching contributions
- Paid holidays and vacation time off
- Free training on all Altair products
Why Work with Us:
Altair is a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the areas of data analytics, product development, and high-performance computing (HPC). Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.
Our vision is to transform customer decision making with data analytics, simulation, and high-performance computing.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping our customers integrate electronics and controls with mechanical design to expand product value, develop AI, simulation and data-driven digital twins to drive better decisions, and deliver advanced HPC and cloud solutions to support unlimited idea exploration. To learn more, please visit altair.com
Ready to go? #ONLYFORWARD
At our core we are explorers; adventures; pioneers. We are the brains behind some of the world’s most revolutionary innovations and are not only comfortable in new and unchartered waters, we dive headfirst. We are the original trailblazers that make the impossible possible, discovering new solutions to our customer’s toughest challenges.
Altair is an equal opportunity employer. Our backgrounds are diverse, and every member of our global team is critical to our success. Altair’s history demonstrations a belief that empowering each individual authentic voice reinforces a culture that thrives because of the uniqueness among our team.