Specialist, Pharmacy Operations (GTA South) - #104646
Shoppers Drug Mart
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Operations, this opportunity monitors and achieves projected counts, sales and profit margins and optimizes the performance of Pharmacy components by identifying performance gaps, providing guidance, information and direction to improve results. This role drives results to maximize pharmacy business growth and performance.
Provide advice and collaborate with Associate Owners and pharmacy employees on operational issues to solve store level problems for the pharmacy when necessary. This may involve changing or altering processes or procedures as necessary. This role is the corporate resource to Pharmacists and Associates and the store level expert in all pharmacy driven store operations.
What You'll Do:
- Liaises closely with Associates, pharmacy teams and District Manager’s to ensure consistency of operational standards, pharmacy services, execution of Pharmacy programs, achieve targets and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Accountable for the success of Pharmacy Operations and Pharmacy profitability of all stores in your assigned region.
- Analyzes pharmacy count, sales, margins and expenses to monitor financial success of each location, highlight potential growth areas, and ensure the Associates are on target to meet common year plan goals.
- Monitors Pharmacy business systems in each location to highlight and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Understands each pharmacy’s potential growth and financial achievement within its given marketplace, identifying the levers requiring activation to reach that potential, and developing, in partnership with the Associate, a store specific strategy to ensure each store is successfully profitable relative to its capabilities.
- Liaises with stores and corporate stakeholders on issues relating to pharmacy practice and patient care including college inspections, suspected narcotic losses, medication errors and IT dispensary concerns, to resolve issues promptly and effectively.
- Develops and communicates action plans to successfully implement Corporate Pharmacy initiatives efficiently.
- Prepares and presents information at district and regional meetings as required to relate the performance on pharmacy measurables.
- Maintain current knowledge of pharmacy operating guidelines and monitors changes to legislation that impact pharmaceutical business to ensure all retail stores operate in strict accordance with regulatory mandates.
- Required to understand the corporate pharmacy strategy through collaboration with the Pharmacy Director and work through the VP of Operations to identify areas of opportunity to maximize each corporate pharmacy program’s success.
- Responsible for providing a smooth and successful transition of Associates and store transfers / acquisitions, ensuring correct operational standards are being implemented and operational procedures are followed within pharmacy.
- Identify and develop potential Associates and provide proposals and recommendations to the VP of Operations as well, understand the individual development of current team members and the identification of candidates for advancement.
What You'll Need:
- This position requires an advanced level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload, and projects. Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are required in dealing with colleagues in every day working relationships.
- Work Experience - A minimum of 5 years pharmacy experience, preferably in a retail environment. Knowledge of inventory management systems.
- Process Improvement - Requires the ability to improve work processes and teams. Supervised related processes and people by leading work or project teams.
- Leadership - Excellent facilitation and leadership skills, able to make decisions to achieve specific organizational objectives, set and prioritize work with varying exceptions. Interpersonal skills to provide solutions by using imaginative approaches where constructive thinking and innovation are required.
- Communication - Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Bilingual in French is considered a strong asset.
- Business Knowledge - Advanced understanding of quality standards relative to operational improvement, strategic planning, and business growth.
- Computer Skills - Computer skills to produce and interpret reports, documents, and presentations.
- Valid Drivers License is required
- Post secondary education equivalent to a university degree in Pharmacy. Must be licensed Pharmacist in good standing with the Canadian Pharmacist Association.
- In addition to the above skills and experience, it would be beneficial if you also have 2 years of SDM experience would be considered an asset.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.