Tax Specialist - #94780
Impact Recruitment has partnered with an established real estate firm known for its architectural brilliance and for creating sustainable housing. Currently, they are looking to add a tax specialist to their team, the ideal candidate is an experienced tax professional with 2+ years of Canadian tax experience.
ABOUT THE CLIENT
Our client is a global developer with projects including residential, hotels, retail, office, rental, affordable housing and public art. They have over 25 billion dollars’ worth of projects completed or under development and have evolved beyond a conventional real estate firm to become a culture company.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the tax manager, the tax specialist will be working with in- house tax department and external tax advisors:
- Assist with preparing and lead review of 250+ US and Canadian income tax and partnership returns.
- Prepare and review tax working papers and calculations
- Prepare year-end consolidated tax provisions for the annual audits and assist with dissolution of inactive entities.
- Prepare other tax filings as required, including foreign reporting and country-by-country reporting.
- Assist with tax planning and work in collaboration with professional tax advisors as needed.
- Resolve CRA audits and respond to any government inquires
- 2+ years of Canadian tax experience.
- Experience with tax prep and tax prep forms
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary: $70,000 to $85,000
- Discretionary bonus
- Extended health and dental
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP matching
HOW TO APPLY
Please include a Microsoft Word version of your resume as well as a cover letter detailing how your experiences would make you an ideal candidate for the role. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Brett Kuseler at *****@impactrecruitment.ca or 604-689-8687, ext. 255) for more information.
ABOUT IMPACT RECRUITMENT
Specializing in a wide variety of industries and verticals, Impact Recruitment is passionate about matching exceptional talent with exciting new opportunities across Canada. For job seekers, we offer a dedicated approach to finding the right opportunity for your career growth.
The Certified Candidate system by Impact Recruitment is designed to ensure your next career move is the right one. We take the time to thoroughly understand your technical abilities, your career goals, and you. Become a Certified Candidate and enjoy a better recruitment experience with Impact. Learn more at impactrecruitment.ca.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this position, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.