Technical Specialist, Permits - #94747
Vancouver Airport Authority
YVR is a place of connection, bringing together people, places and cargo while ensuring a safe and efficient experience for everyone.
Are you highly organized and have a keen eye for details?
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Technical Specialist - Permits in the Engineering Services Department. Reporting to the Manager, Engineering Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for directing and controlling the Facility Permit Program for all new construction, facility alterations, and/or civil work in accordance with Airport Authority construction bylaws, development rules, and applicable codes and standards.
Key responsibilities include:
- Administering the Engineering Services permitting process and coordinate the Facility Permitting Review Program.
- Reviewing permit applications to determine completeness and required involvement by the Airport Authority Departments and outside bodies for permit approval.
- Providing technical support to project managers through retrieval of past permit documentation, and detailing project design requirements, and permit submission requirements
- Monitoring project construction by ensuring designers, engineers, architects, project managers and Airport Authority independent professionals inspect project construction at specific intervals
- Ensuring safety reviews are done for occupancy
- Ensuring all project certification is complete prior to project close out
Key qualifications include:
- Five years of recent, related experience supplemented by a two or three year technical or community college certificate or diploma relevant to construction; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- AScT (Applied Science Technologist) designation or meet the qualifications for obtaining such designation
- Completion of BCIT BC Building Code part 3, or equivalent
- BOABC member or meet the qualifications for membership
- Experience in electrical and/or mechanical trades is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand architectural and engineering design drawings and reports
- Thorough knowledge of engineering practices, terminology and professional association membership responsibilities
- Advanced computer knowledge, especially in relation to data entry into a document management system and GIS; comprehensive knowledge of MS Outlook
- Proven time management skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Thorough understanding of Transport Canada/Nav Canada regulations and practices associated with construction at airports is an asset
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external applicants. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
As part of our recruitment process, short-listed candidates may be required to participate in an assessment process.
Who We Are
YVR is more than just an airport. We connect our beautiful province and all it has to offer to the world. We are all leaders and trailblazers for change and innovation, so no matter the department or team you’re a part of, the work you do matters.
At YVR, we are flexible in everything we do. We will work together to find ways to deliver customer excellence that helps us all thrive. We strive to provide an environment that reflects the diversity of our communities, allowing us to better serve them.
Whatever your background and wherever you’re from, you belong at YVR. We want to make sure you truly belong and help you reach your full potential. If you have any questions about accessibility or require any assistance applying, please reach out at [email protected].
Join us on this journey as we continue to transform our airport to better serve our communities.