Technician Audio Visual, IT - #94680
City of Mississauga
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Contract Duration: 2 years
Number of Positions: 1
Closing Date: 11/27/2023
Under the direction of the Manager, Audio Visual Services, in the Information Technology division, the Audio Visual Technician will provide multiple audio visual services including the setup and operation of Council and Committee Meetings and Events as well as servicing and maintaining Audio Visual equipment in all City owned facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Set-up, operate and maintain audio visual equipment and systems in all City of Mississauga facilities including City Hall, Community Centres, the Council Chambers and Libraries.
- Operate audio visual equipment, video conferencing solutions and live streaming systems for all Council and Committee Meetings in the City of Mississauga’s Council Chambers.
- Setup, operate and liaise with elected oﬃcials, staﬀ, citizens and outside consultants and vendors with regards to special events, media releases and press conferences.
- Trouble-shoot, perform fundamental repairs and maintain an inventory for all audio visual equipment for the City of Mississauga.
- Conduct training sessions for staﬀ on the eﬀective and safe operation of audio visual systems and equipment. Ensure technical compliance and integration with City audio visual standards as well as making sure proper usage is in line with all City By Laws and Codes and Health and Safety standards.
- Assist in the purchase of audio visual supplies and materials and the installation of audio visual systems for all City of Mississauga building facilities, consulting with outside vendors as needed.
- Assist in the production of various media, including professional video, professional photography and audio visual event production.
- Support collaboration solutions such Cisco Webex, MS Teams, Zoom etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- A degree or diploma in an audio visual technology, live event production, broadcast program or related discipline combined with 3 to 5 years experience.
- Audio visual industry recognized certiﬁcation is an asset (ex. CTS, Dante Certification)
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the use and setup of audio visual equipment including display systems, digital mixers, projectors, video switchers, video cameras, PTZ cameras, portable sound systems, conference microphones, audio recorders, assistive listening devices, digital mixers, video and audio cable connections and audio visual control systems (ex. Crestron, AMX)
- Demonstrated experience using broadcast and livestreaming camera production solutions such as NewTek Tricaster is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in the operation and maintenance of audio visual control systems, projection systems, media servers, multimedia display, sound and paging systems, lighting systems, audio and video streaming and encoding systems, video conferencing solutions and audio video networking.
- Extensive ability to trouble-shoot, diagnose and perform fundamental repairs on audio visual equipment installed in various facilities.
- Proficiency with Cisco Webex, MS Teams, Zoom and various video conferencing platforms.
- Extensive experience in the setup and operation of municipal council and committee meetings preferred.
- Knowledge or experience in the design, operation and maintenance of complex audio, video and paging systems, including building and ﬁre codes; and video production and post-production techniques, including the use of professional grade production cameras and professional video software such as Adobe Premier.
- Knowledge and experience with audio editing software such as ProTool.
- Excellent customer service attitude and focus.
- Excellent communication and public relation skills required to deal with staﬀ, general public and elected oﬃcials.
- Possession of a valid class “G” Ontario Driver’s License.
- Proﬁciency with Apple OS X and IOS, Microsoft Windows OS, Microsoft Oﬃce 365, personal computer laptops, desktops and peripherals such as iPhones, tablets, printers and scanners and a working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory environments.
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 41.11 - $ 54.81
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: Civic Centre
Organization Unit: CPS/Audio Visual Support
Department/Division/Section: CPS/Corporate Services Dept , CPS/IT Division , Service Management
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.