Test Station Intern - #94674
Ciena is committed to our people-first philosophy. Our teams enjoy a culture focused on prioritizing a personalized and flexible work environment that empowers an individual’s passions, growth, wellbeing and belonging. We’re a technology company that leads with our humanity—driving our business priorities alongside meaningful social, community, and societal impact.
- We’re a company rooted in people—seeking to create a vibrant and inclusive environment, where everyone feels they can belong.
- Accelerate your career path by gaining hands-on experience and exposure to the latest technology. Our interns and graduates work on real projects in real time in world class labs. Be a part of tomorrow’s future – today.
- Mentoring. Networking. Leadership Opportunities. We recognize that the learning doesn’t stop when you leave school - we champion a team environment for development and provide the tools to achieve success.
- We are big proponents of life-work integration. Our people make a big difference at Ciena, but we want to shine light on their differences outside of working hours too. CienaCares supports non-profit causes important to employees by matching employee financial contributions and dedicating time for volunteering.
How You Will Contribute:
This position will provide assistance with Test Station Design, Mechanical Fixtures, Electro-optical Equipment, Documentation, and Database Management, and will provide excellent exposure to Engineering design and documentation control practices. There are various opportunities within the team (optical, electrical and mechanical) to maintain impact and improve or capture the procedures for testing our optical products.
- Work with lab personnel to design, prepare and configure test stations and fixtures
- Create documentation to record changes and capture fabrication procedure
- Raise awareness of defects and performance issues
- Analyze test results, and provide recommendation to management
- Create reports from data (capacity and utilization studies)
- Prototype and product assembly and testing
- Work with various hand tools to assemble test equipment
- Collaborate with Test Engineers to design new Test equipment
- Create manuals to build Test equipment
- Assist in ECO (database) release of new test products and update of existing product structure
What Does Ciena Expect of You?
- A sense of urgency – what’s important to the customer is equally important to you. You make getting things done a priority.
- Integrity – you hold yourself to the highest level of personal and professional standards of conduct.
- A commitment to innovation – you continually seek to learn, understand new technologies and ever-changing market conditions, and endeavour to apply that knowledge to Ciena’s advantage.
- You embrace change – thriving in a diverse environment of ever-changing priorities and sometimes stressful situations.
- The flexibility to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a broader team.
The Must Haves:
- Experience in using various hand-held power tools
- Experience with communication and computer systems
- Ability to follow schematic and work instructions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks with flexibility to refocus as priority changes
- Work in a team but also solo with little supervision
At Ciena, we are committed to building and fostering an environment in which our employees feel respected, valued, and heard. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise Ciena of any accommodation measures you may require.