Therapeutic Recreationist - #104854
We are a private, non-profit organization committed to providing top quality accommodations and care to senior citizens. We offer a variety of living arrangements to fit the needs of our residents including, long term care, supportive housing apartments, and wellness suites. We also have a strong mandate to meet their social, physical, health and spiritual needs.
We pride ourselves on our ability to really live our Mission of Excellence, Love and Dignity, both with residents and staff. We provide a work environment where teamwork, staff involvement and personal development are essential for success. Our staff, leadership, and Board are progressive thinkers and supportive of each other. We offer competitive benefits, excellent challenges, and opportunities.
Our Mission: To provide with excellence, love, and dignity a full continuum of housing and services to senior citizens. We serve seniors who wish to live in a community of Christian faith.
Job Posting # 2743
Radiant Care Pleasant Manor
Part-Time, Temporary Contract
Hourly Wage Range: $23.09 - $26.05
Posting Date: February 9, 2024
Please submit your application no later than Friday, February 16, 2024 at 12:00pm. Submissions after this deadline will not be accepted.
A sixty-seven and a half (67.5) hour per pay period, Part-Time Temporary Contract Therapeutic Recreationist position is being offered in the Radiant Care Pleasant Manor Therapeutic Recreation department. The start date of this position is to be determined and the anticipated end date is February 26, 2025.
Line 2.2.1 Therapeutic Recreation Staff FTE: 0.9000
Qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to,
- Training and education in recreation/leisure services, Therapeutic Recreation or Kinesiology from a recognized community college or university as per Ministry of Health standards
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel
- Experience in recreation programming and planning
- Montessori training, or knowledge of Montessori approaches/theories would be an asset
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
This posting has been posted within Radiant Care Pleasant Manor and externally. Internal applicants will be given priority based on seniority. External candidate selection will be made based on interview. While we thank each applicant for applying, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out duties identified in the Therapeutic Recreationist job description. Some responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
- Assists in identifying and assessing the resident’s needs and developing activities and programs in collaboration with the Therapeutic Recreation Supervisor
- Encourages and records resident participation in programs
- Assist with the creation of monthly activity calendars
- Attend team conferences, as required
- Ability to coordinate volunteers to compliment programs, as required
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to achieve program objectives
- Participates in multi-disciplinary Resident Care Plan meetings to discuss resident response to programs, new admissions, special issues, and new goals
- To establish and maintain a close liaison with all departments, volunteers, families and participants in a team effort to provide total care for the resident
- Maintains clinical documentation and records
- Requisitions supplies and services for program activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental and vision benefits available for full-time and part-time employee
- Employer RRSP contribution
- Training in Montessori Methods for Dementia Care (Staging environments & engaging residents in meaningful and purposeful activity to enhance quality of life)
- Affordable access to our Fitness & Wellness Centre
- Full-time, part-time and casual positions
- Excellent work environment
- Our staff, leadership, and Board teams are progressive and supportive
For more information about our home, please visit our website at: www.radiantcare.net
Radiant Care is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during any aspect of the selection process, please let Human Resources know by phone at (905) 934-2548. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.