Unit Clerk - Repost - #94781
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Requisition ID: 339768
Position Number: 20080872
Posting End Date: Open until filled
Site: St. Boniface Hospital
Work Location: St. Boniface Hospital
Department / Unit: Hemodialysis
Job Stream: Clinical Support
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days;Evenings
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $20.090, $20.694, $21.314, $21.952, $22.612, $23.291
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the general supervision of the Program Team Manager and a Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN), and while demonstrating a commitment to the Mission, Values and Management Philosophy of St. Boniface General Hospital, the UNIT CLERK acts as a member of the health care team, performing clerical, receptionist, and related duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a recognized Unit Clerk certificate program.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to work in a windows operating environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Legible handwriting.
- Respectful and courteous telephone manner.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact well with others.
- Ability and willingness to work in stressful environments that may include aggressive and/or agitated individuals.
St. Boniface Hospital is committed to empowering a workforce that welcomes and celebrates diversity by fostering culturally safe places for all employees. We strive to celebrate our diverse workforce and the outstanding work we do every day.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.