volunteer manager - #104764
Canadian Job Bank
Title posted on indeed.com Scouting (Volunteer) Relationship Manager
Posted on February 07, 2024 by Employer details Scouts CanadaJob details
- Scouting Relationship Manager (SRM)*
- (Northern Lights Council ? Edmonton, AB)*
Want to change the world? At Scouts Canada our Vision is ? Canadian youth making a meaningful contribution to creating a better world.
? We need passionate people who share our Mission to develop well-rounded youth better prepared for success in the world. Are you someone who is energized by challenging assignments? The assignment: develop our volunteer community, champion safe and dynamic youth led program quality and enable Scouts to grow its membership in Canada.
Interested in joining a fun, flexible and fast-paced opportunity in the non-profit sector? This could be the right opportunity for you if you are a self-starter committed to working alongside Volunteers (Scouters), and enjoy a challenging and fulfilling work environment! You might be the right person to take on the role of a Scouting Relationship Manager role.
The Scouting Relationship Manager (SRM) is a trusted partner responsible for the successful execution of Scouts Canada? s strategic priorities. The SRM designs and manages business plans that deliver on our Mission to develop well-rounded youth better prepared for success.
The SRM provides direct support to assigned ? accounts? of segmented
Areas and Groups, proactively facilitates the relationship within the Scouting network to ensure program quality, safety leadership, membership engagement and achieves excellent customer service to positively impact our mission through membership growth. Responsibilities include setting and managing expectations of parents and volunteers to enable safe, fun, youth-led adventures based on plan-do-review.
- Strategically identifying and working locally to create membership growth while sustaining the existing membership base.
- Measuring, monitoring and analyzing data to provide trusted advice to Council, Areas and Groups.
- Building relationships with volunteers with the appropriate support to create a collaborative working relationship.
- Building organizational capacity through volunteer recruitment, support and engagement.
- Increasing visibility for Scouting in the community
- Collaboratively developing and implementing a plan for volunteer recruitment, support, and territory capacity building that will support delivery of consistent, high quality youth programs.
- Being a trusted advisor and a key resource for program knowledge, organizational policies, and the Volunteer Support Strategy.
- Through proactive communication, establish and maintain positive relationships with Council, Area, Group, and (as appropriate) Section leadership teams
- Competencies Required:*
s degree, post-secondary education in a related field or a combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience working with volunteers and leading volunteer programs
- Knowledge of business planning and volunteer management approaches.
- A passion for Scouts Canada?
s mission is essential
- You are a self-starter, quick learner and have the ability to prioritize and manage your time effectively and autonomously to achieve/surpass growth targets.
- You possess a shared leadership approach and ability to lead, coach and motivate a team to achieve goals.
- You are someone who thrives in a busy and challenging environment where every day is different.
- You possess strong interpersonal and networking skills to build relationships with community leaders, partnerships in Scouting and the ability to deal with a diverse range of people
- Outstanding written & oral communication and presentation skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and problem-solving skill
- Experience with adult learning is an asset
- Working Conditions:*
- At Scouts Canada we collaborate across the country, therefore confidence with collaboration tools and technology is essential.
Most of our team works from a home-based office environment and will spend time travelling to m
- LocationEdmonton, AB
- Salary$57,886.96YEAR annually
- Terms of employment Full time
- Start date Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies 1 vacancy
- Source indeed.com #9114702314
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by a partner site. Job Bank is not responsible for this content
Report a problem with this job posting Any fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required *What’s wrong? Thank you for your help! You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, please contact us