Warehouse Supervisor - #104875
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Why work with Canteen? Imagine having a career that can take you places. Join our industry-leading team and there’s no telling how far you can grow with us. We provide healthy vending options through innovative design and quality products. We’re proud of our team and what we have accomplished over the years. Let’s continue moving forward, together.
How you will make an impact:
You will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the daily warehousing activities, through supervising and directing warehouse staff to achieve appropriate levels of volume within reasonable time limits.
As a Warehouse Supervisor, you will:
- Manage an hourly workforce of unionized employees in a fair and equitable manner in accordance with company policies and procedures assessment
- Coordinate the shipping, receiving, and warehousing of products to ensure all customer orders are shipped on time in accordance with customer specifications
- Manage inventory including the ordering of inventory, maintaining inventory levels, and ensuring product distribution and turnover
- Maintain inventory management system and make recommendations to streamline operations and improve the inventory maintenance process
- Coordinate warehouse inventory slotting activities to drive inventory accuracy and warehouse picking/loading efficiency
- Ensure quality, cleanliness, customer service and company policies and programs are maintained
- Responsible for executing shipments, creating warehouse tasks and warehouse orders, assessing product availability of orders, update orders as required
- Provide required operational performance and delivery information to the Operations Manager
- Ensure adequate workforce resources are available for operational delivery and proposed additions / reductions to the Operations Manager to acquire/reduce resources accordingly
- Ensure all warehouse employees are properly trained in health & safety and food safety policy / procedures and the duties and responsibilities of their current role
- Review employee hours worked into the payroll system timely wage payment to employees for hours worked
- Post-secondary education
- Strong adherence to meeting productivity, quality, and safety standards
- Experience in a warehouse and or distribution environment
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical and communication skills required
- Applies best practices and seeks out opportunities to improve processes
- Experience in a Unionized work environment
- Able to work various shifts and extend working hours whenever required
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact [email protected] for further information.