Senior Network and Telecom Specialist
Trillium HealthFull time Full day
Position: Senior Network and Telecom Specialist - Full Time
Status: Permanent Full Time
Dept.Health System: Information Services
Site: Credit Valley Hospital
Reposted: June 10, 2021
Internal Deadline: Until filled
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital and the Queensway Health Centre, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Our Mission: A New Kind of Health Care for a Healthier Community
When we set out to build our vision and future, we connected with our community - patients, families, visitors, physicians, staff and volunteers. The foundational goals of our new strategic plan - quality, access and sustainability - anchor everything we do. Our mission for a new kind of health care is built on an inter-connected system of care organized around patients - inside and outside the hospital.
At THP, we are relentless in providing high quality, compassionate care to our communities and take great pride in fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and we are all accountable for contributing to a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing and promoting excellence in patient care though advancing patient and staff safety. If you are passionate about what you do, motivated to improve the health of the community, committed to excellence, quality and patient safety we would like you to join our Better Together team!
As an integral member of the voice and data network team, the engineer will actively contribute to developing and maintaining the high-level and low-level design plans, support and implementation for the enterprise voice and data network. This individual will provide technical expertise and consulting across the organization, including strategic planning and project planning and reporting to the Manager, Voice and Network. The engineer will gain IT Leadership commitment for all high-level network plans and initiate and participate in projects to evaluate technologies and methods for implementing these plans. With a focus on maximizing technical investments and optimizing performance, the Voice and Network Engineer will actively develop a long-term vision, strategy, and roadmaps for Telecommunications, Networks, including LANs, WANs, VoIP, VPN and Wireless technologies, based on best practices.
The primary accountabilities for the Voice & Network Engineer at Trillium HealthPartners facilitate the migration of the current phone infrastructure to the SIP-based(Avaya Aura) system and then analyze, plan, design, and implement the organization's Voice & Network infrastructure according to best practices while ensuring high levels of systems availability and stability:
- Actively participate in the design and project implementation of the organization's network technologies for LANs, WANs, VoIP, Firewall, VPN and Wireless technologies
- Provide consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to IS colleagues (Systems Analysts, Infrastructure Admins, Database Analysts, Security Analysts), Facilities/Redevelopment colleagues, and 3rd party partnerships supporting IT initiatives and enterprise projects.
- Research emerging technologies supporting infrastructure development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost-effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
- Lead the project of migrating the current phone infrastructure to the Avaya Aura platform.
- Build and maintain in-depth knowledge of the company's strategic business plans and how technical infrastructure can be an enabler of the projects.
- Actively participate in developing long-term vision, strategy and roadmaps for voice and network technology across the organization in conjunction with company objectives.
- Provide support with moves, adds and operations changes.
- Establish strategies for consolidation, centralization, and optimization to reduce downtime and costs while improving security and performance
- Monitor and identify capacity and performance issues for network traffic to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of the network for both LAN and WAN
- Provide Incident Response to all aspects of the voice and network (LAN/WAN/WLAN) across the enterprise (Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital, Queensway Health Center, and remote clinics)
- Review new and existing network projects, systems designs, and procurement/outsourcing engagements and ensure compliance with IT standards.
- Participate actively amongst team members and promote collaborations by sharing ideas, solutions and best practices
- Create and maintain technical and Procedural documentation
- Champion change management practices
- A University degree in computer science, information systems, or computer engineering.
- Proven experience with Avaya Aura Suite (Avaya Red + Avaya Blue/Nortel) – Required
- Avaya certifications: ASIC, ACSS is an asset.
- Proven experience with Cloud-Based PBX solutions. Avaya ACO knowledge is an asset.
- Ten years working experience in a large multi-site enterprise environment utilizing VoIP and digital PBX – Required.
- Proven experience in transitioning between analogue to digital PBX systems – is an asset.
- Technical knowledge of Cisco UCM is an asset.
- Knowledge of "Asterisk" software is an asset.
- Experience with Cisco networking solutions – a must.
- Knowledge of IT security principles
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Skilled at anticipating and resolving issues and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Forward-thinking and innovative with the ability to provide advice and share vision
- Comfortable in leading initiatives, and at times being an active participant in initiatives
- Practical oral and written communication skills; comfortable presenting plans and engaging input
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to plan and support high impact and critical projects
- Strong time management and ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing, based on our values compassion, excellence and courage. To be Better Together, we commit to fostering a respectful workplace culture that promotes a safe and supportive environment for everyone who provides care, supports caregiving, receives care or visits the hospital.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.