Engineering Technologist Job
Acuity Lighting Group IncFull time Full day
Title: Engineering technician
Luminis designs and manufactures a wide range of specification lighting products for both interior and outdoor spaces for commercial and institutional applications. Luminis is a proud member of Acuity Brand, the North American market leader and one of the world's leading providers of lighting and building management solutions.
What we offer to our team members:
- Be part of a multisite company with international recognition
- Growing company with interesting career opportunities where everybody brings his contribution and can make the difference
- Competitive salary and group insurance program with an health account
- Possibilty to work remotely from home and at the office (hybride)
- Friday afternoon off and 37,5 hours schedule
Under the supervision of the production support supervisor, the technician will work in collaboration with the production support team to update and / or correct products in creating 3d models, technical drawings, and other product documentation. In his responsibilities he will have to support sales, customer care and production team on technical questions.
He will have to identify and proactively solve the potential sources of problems to avoid stoppages or production delays and the creation of bottlenecks in the work units. He will participate in the correction and update of BOM to maintain a high level of quality in the information that is shared with other departments
- Review and ensure the accuracy of all product documentation, including industrial designs, material warrants (BOMs), data sheets, product options and more.
- Validate that all parts of the BOM are compatible, comply with the standards and are suitable for the options.
- Answers technical questions coming from sales, customer service and production team.
- Validate manufacturing feasibility at all stages of the production chain.
- Collaborate with factory teams and engineering to resolve identified issues.
- Correct the documentation.
- Always maintain the latest information about the products in the system.
- Document corrective and preventive actions for documentation and product changes
Requirements and skills:
- Technical collegial diploma in mechanical engineering, industrial design or other related fields.
- Mastery of SolidWorks software (Intermediate to Advance)
- Experience 1 to 2 years in a similar position
- Essential Bilingualism (French and English)
- Very good communication skills - Spoken and written
- Good dexterity for manual work
- Autonomous and sense of precis
- Ability to solve compatibility problems between design and manufacturing
- Leadership and team spirit
- Knowledge with the commercial lighting industry
- Knowledge of CSA - UL standards
- Experience on production line
Do you demonstrate autonomy and thoroughness? Do you have a good team spirit? You are a reliable person? Do you have the desire to continually improve processes? So, do not hesitate and send us your application!
Req ID: 2727