Registered Dietitian - 5C Rehab
Trillium HealthFull time Full day
Position:Registered Dietitian- 5C Rehab
File #: 2021-21852
Status: Temporary Part Time (x1) - Approx. 18 months
Dept.Health System: Rehabilitation 5C - Mississauga Hospital
Posted: June 8, 2021
Internal Deadline: June 15, 2021
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital and the Queensway Health Centre, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Our Mission: A New Kind of Health Care for a Healthier Community
When we set out to build our vision and future, we connected with our community - patients, families, visitors, physicians, staff and volunteers. The foundational goals of our new strategic plan - quality, access and sustainability - anchor everything we do. Our mission for a new kind of health care is built on an inter-connected system of care organized around patients - inside and outside the hospital.
At THP, we are relentless in providing high quality, compassionate care to our communities and take great pride in fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and we are all accountable for contributing to a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing and promoting excellence in patient care though advancing patient and staff safety. If you are passionate about what you do, motivated to improve the health of the community, committed to excellence, quality and patient safety we would like you to join our Better Together team!
- The location of any vacancy/position may be changed or reassigned as per operational needs
- Degree in Human Nutrition and Dietetics combined with an accredited Dietetic Internship program
- Current registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Ideally possesses membership with Dietitians of Canada
- Established clinical skills in nutritional management of medical and complex patients
- Experienced in the management of enteral and parenteral nutrition support
- Reliable, flexible, creative, self-directed professional, able to work effectively and collaboratively within a team environment
- Effective interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to utilize practice based research to ensure excellence in the provision of nutritional care.
- Proficiency in computer Windows software applications, REACH portal, Meditech.
- One to two years recent experience with established clinical skills in an inpatient acute care setting
- Provide quality nutrition care in relation to the patient's diagnosis, treatment, age , and nutrition status in an inpatient setting
- Provide screening and assessment, contribute to care plan development, establish goal oriented treatment interventions, patient/family education and provide support to address nutritional needs
- Educate patients and family members on individual basis
- Act as a coach/mentor/consultant using sound critical thinking skills to achieve patient outcomes.
- Act as a coach/mentor for dietetic interns and other students as appropriate
- Participate in inter professional patient care teams as required
- Complete daily workload statistics
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing, based on our values compassion, excellence and courage. To be Better Together, we commit to fostering a respectful workplace culture that promotes a safe and supportive environment for everyone who provides care, supports caregiving, receives care or visits the hospital.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.