Capability Manager, Automation
BCLCFull time Full day
Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work – it’s not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we’ve been named one of BC’s Top 50 Employers for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it’s great to be part of the team
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with subsidized onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
Why our Kamloops office rocks
The City of Kamloops offers a relaxed lifestyle with an abundance of recreational opportunities and a close-knit community of welcoming people. It has been home to the BCLC head office since 1985 and features
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Free gym
- Free parking and easy access to transit
- Close proximity to parks, trails and other recreation amenities
Capability Manager, Automation
At our heart, BCLC is a technology company; we are highly reliant on our technology to provide exceptional gambling experiences for our players. Our current strategic priorities, including retail transformation and player experience, require software services and data platforms to move our business forward that are becoming ever more complex, requiring automation and orchestration to allow them to process effectively and improve overall efficiency.
As the Capability Manager, Automation
BCLC is looking for an innovative Capability Manager, Automation to join our team. You will lead a highly motivated, self-organizing team of specialists in the area of automation that are deployed throughout Business Technology to work collaboratively, look for ways to open up capacity and deliver faster for our internal customers while reducing operational overhead. The Capability Manager is responsible for leading the automation team to drive value for the organization by leading the strategy and planning, developing methodology, process, standards and best practices; managing people and financial resources including vendors and contractors.
Who you are….
You’re someone who lives for leading others in highly technical roles. You will employ influence and servant leadership over positional power to drive results. You’ll support your team members as they develop additional relevant skills to become well rounded professionals in the Automation capability. You bring new ideas on how to leverage emerging technologies to improve process and increase efficiency and give your team a voice in the same.
What you bring to the role….
- Ability to create a strategic Automation roadmaps focusing on, but not limited to software build, deploy, and test automation. Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management to identify process efficiencies gained through Automation.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery and a DevOps environment to help plan automation activities across Business Technology as well as the enterprise to take us to the next level.
- Provides strong people leadership and strategic direction to the division by championing BCLC’s objectives and values in action. Models leadership behaviours that increase staff engagement, and drives culture and change management initiatives. Ensures future-focused resource planning needs are identified and implemented. Practices meaningful recognition, and coaches, mentors and develops others.
- Applies innovative approaches with both emerging and proven technologies including but not limited to automation and orchestration platforms, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Robotic Process Automation, and aligns business strategy and technology to create automated solutions that are cost effective to implement which are relevant to our business needs.
What we are looking for in the role (Minimum Requirements)
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in technology leadership
- 5 years minimum in an automation management role
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Solid experience with Automation Frameworks like Jenkins, SOAP UI, Ansible, CHEF or other frameworks.
- Extensive knowledge of quality control systems, infrastructures, processes, operations and risk management frameworks.
- Exceptional relationship management skills and the ability to engage at a senior executive level, and with key stakeholders in a constructive manner
- Strong strategic thinking skills – ability to find innovative, yet practical, strategies to achieve goals, link several strategies into a unified plan, while anticipating needs and maintaining a future focus.
- Ability to respond to a high volume of work with multiple concurrent tasks. Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly identify potential issues and risks. The application of appropriate judgment and discretion in the resolution or escalation of issues.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the gaming industry would be an asset.
- Systemic/holistic approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic business planning.
- Supports continuous improvement and driven to question and improve processes, systems, practices as appropriate.
Please Note This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada