Lead Quality Analyst
SG DigitalFull time Full day
SG Digital (part of Scientific Games Corp. NASDAQ:SGMS) leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators and online gaming providers. We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. Having recently become the Digital, online Division of the $4bn Scientific Games, we are now in a period of dramatic growth that will see us grow headcount by 30% this year alone.
Want to be part of our story?
We are a group of distributed multidisciplinary developers, passionate about sports and the sports betting industry, focused on a few highly scalable distributed platforms on a hybrid technology stack running in public and private clouds.
The teams are small and move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction.
We are looking for a talented QA Lead to work on the Technology work stream as part of the OpenSport product development organization, particularly in our Don Best sports trading and information feeds team. This role will be responsible for leading multiple small QA squads comprising testing sports data feed API testing, testing our proprietary sports odds screen product and helping test and validate applications core to our in-house sports betting trading team.
The QA Lead role will be central to the Product Delivery team. The QA Lead will be working alongside Development Managers, Program and Project Managers, Software Architects and Senior Software Engineers in order to shape and implement the technology and product deliverables that will drive forward this strategic initiative.
- Working with the other test leads, architects and under the direction set by Development Manager, Head of QA, Project Manager and/or Release Manager;
- Defining levels of test coverage for specific deliverables, in line with product requirements and associated SLAs;
- Managing quality metrics across specific projects;
- Adherence to QA / QE best practice for specific projects;
- Ensuring structured feedback is provided to the development teams and to ensure the work is carried out in accordance with the agreed project schedule and quality requirements;
- Line management of 2 - 4 QA resources including pastoral care, formal reviews, and both identification and provisioning of training needs;
- Management of resources to ensure the appropriate team shape, levels of experience/capability and fulfilment of roles - including the recruitment of QA employees;
- Manage the implementation of QA testing strategies;
- Implementation of strategy for software engineering processes, ensuring stakeholders, onsite coordinators are on board and measuring progress through KPIs.
- Ensure consistent delivery of top quality software artifacts to our customers.
- Facilitate the Delivery methodology e.g. sprint planning, retrospectives etc.
- Provision of accurate documentation for use by the customers, delivery teams and internal support;
- Production of functional and integration test cases and associated documentation as required;
Production of proofs of concept and pilots for test tools and process workflows (ex- using JIRA filters, dashboards etc.)
If you are the right QA Lead for us, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related Technical discipline.
- Ideally 8+ years’ experience in a hands-on QA and development role, with a minimum of 2 years experience leading teams of highly competent QA staff.
- Highly experienced in API, web, and desktop application testing.
- Experienced in high volume, message-based architectures such as Kafka or ActiveMQ.
- Demonstrable experience in defining and implementing comprehensive test regression, functional & non-functional strategies for complex IT projects working in Agile environments, for full lifecycle through to production deployment
- Automation experience is required. Candidates with web automation will be preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years manual testing experience with BDD, and /or with hands-on experience of Gherkin and Cucumber
- Experience of usage of Test management tools like JIRA, Zephyr, Test Rail
- Log good defects and understand JIRA defect workflow.
- Clearly understand defect categorization and would have participated in 'defect triaging' process
- Experience in contributing to Test Strategy, planning or responsibility for team strategy;
- Proven communication and presentation skills;
- Dealing with changes; must be comfortable both with external factors driving this change as well as internals;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Should be opinionated, especially about quality.
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- A working understanding of Test tools usage, CI-CD familiarity like Jenkins and Git (BitBucket) would be useful
- API testing experience
- Some hands-on engineering experience would be highly advantageous
- Demonstrable ability to run existing automated test cases to a high level (e.g. using Gherkin / Cucumber, Selenium WebDriver or Postman etc.)
- Qualified to ISEB/ISTQB Foundation level
- Domain knowledge is not required, but having worked on a Sportsbook, Casino or e-Commerce projects would be preferable.
Demonstrable experience building strong client/on-site stakeholder relationships.
- Motivated, confident, self-sufficient, focused and determined.
- Well organized and consistently meets commitments.
- Requires a “can do” commitment to achieve success.
- Detail oriented and strong communication skills.
- Comfortable operating in cross functional teams.
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.