Senior IT Security Installation Specialist
ADGA Group Consultants IncContractor Full day
Founded in 1967, ADGA is a privately owned and operated Canadian company. We employ over 700 highly skilled team members who apply their knowledge and expertise in service delivery of advanced technology solutions for clients in the Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing markets across Canada.
Celebrating over 50 years in business, we are proud to be one of Canada’s most trusted professional engineering and consultancy firms. Our clients continue to rely on ADGA to provide subject matter expertise, and quality talent to fulfill their business objectives. We have done so successfully by anticipating and responding to the constant changes in technology, and evolving with agility.
Our culture of commitment, trust, and accountability guides our business, fosters our growth, and is at the core of our relationships with clients, employees and consultants. Whether your projects are complex, large-scale requirements, or dependable, professional resources to execute on time, and on budget, you can count on ADGA to deliver. We are dedicated to your success.
Our government client requires the professional services of a Senior IT Security Installation Specialist to join the team and support various Cryptographic related projects with various business and technical requirements.
We have this contract currently, and this position would start late October, 2021. This is a 2 year contract opportunity, with the potential for extension!
Tasks will include:
a. Perform site surveys at CAF sites across Canada and abroad for the installation of COMSEC equipment.
b. Perform site installations, integration and testing of the COMSEC devices, management systems (including Red Distribution Switch and communication link when required) and associated ancillaries (e.g. mountings, racks) in accordance with technical standards listed in the applicable documents.
c. Review requests for COMSEC installation and develop an installation plan for each site installation project.
d. Analyze and provide feasible solutions to stated technical and operational requirements.
e. Draft and submit for approval project documentation for each installation (an installation may include more than one COMSEC device or management device) while conforming to Departmental Technical COMSEC Inspection criteria and/or applicable COMSEC installation policies, standards and guidelines .
f. Draft and submit written reports after the completion of each survey and each installation project, which includes the information required to update DND’s technical data packages, installation directive and the "as built" drawings.
g. Provide mentoring and knowledge transfer to staff, such as tutoring the local technicians on the configuration of the COMSEC devices specific to their local circuits to ensure they can properly maintain the COMSEC devices and circuits after the Installation Team has left the site.
h. Provide support to installers for any questions or issues that may arise during installations in cooperation with the Technical Authority or any designate.
i. Prepare draft COMSEC integration test plan, implement the plan, and draft the test report.
j. Participate in system integration.
k. Review and provide input into draft SOPs related to COMSEC installations.
l. Perform acceptance testing of installed COMSEC and management systems.
m. Other associated assigned tasks as directed by the TA.
- Education: must possess one of the following:
- A minimum of 5 years cumulative experience in the last 8 years related to COMSEC installations OR
- A Canadian Forces Personnel or Government of Canada employee: Qualification to the QL 5B trade level (or pre-1987 equivalent) or Electronic Group Definition (EL) and a minim of 4 years of cumulative experience in the last 8 years related to COMSEC installations OR
- A University degree in any discipline along with at least 3 years experience in the last 8 years related to COMSEC installations OR
- A College diploma in any discipline along with at least 4 years experience in the last 8 years related to COMSEC installations.
- Able to demonstrate at least 3 years experience within the last 10 years installing COMSEC or IT devices.
- Able to demonstrate at least 2 years experience since Jan 2000, with Electro-Magnetic interference (EMI) suppression techniques.
- Able to demonstrate at least 2 years experience with bonding, grounding and shield techniques.
- Ability to demonstrate at least 1 year experience creating, validating and conducting functional and integration test plans and procedures on COMSEC or IT equipment.
- Must be able to clearly demonstrate a minimum of 2 years experience with each of the following within the last 10 years:
- Fibre Optics: installing or maintaining Fibre Optic systems - including optical isolators.
- Configuration Management: drafting techniques required to amend floor plans and wiring diagrams for project directive "as-built" installation sketches - including experience with Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) software, such as AutoCAD or Visio.
- Testing: creating, validating and conducting functional and integration test plans and procedures on COMSEC or IT equipment.
- Cabling: installing cable pathway hardware- including electrical metallic tubing (EMT), pull boxes, cable trays and cable management systems.
- Survey: perform site surveys and writing detailed project directives and reports for installation of High Assurance COMSEC or IT devices.
- Must hold an active high level PWGSC government clearance.
- Must be able to travel nationally to perform IT Security Installations on various military bases. Will also require a valid passport in order to do some travel internationally.
ADGA commits to putting diversity into action to build a stronger, more representative team and help our customers and communities thrive. We are a proudly Canadian and woman-led company, striving to further diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and provide every individual with the opportunities and resources to help them reach their full potential.
ADGA s'engage à mettre la diversité en action pour bâtir une équipe plus forte et plus représentative et aider nos clients et nos communautés à prospérer. Nous sommes une entreprise fièrement canadienne, dirigée par une femme. Nous nous engageons pour promouvoir la diversité, l'équité et l'inclusion dans le milieu de travail et d'offrir à chaque personne les possibilités et les ressources qui lui permettront de réaliser son plein potentiel.