Operational Project Manager
IntactFull time Full day
From coast-to-coast, our inspiring colleagues are at the heart of what we do best: helping people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our Values, being open to change, and pursuing your goals.
At Intact, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow, alongside a diverse and passionate community of experts – the best the industry has to offer. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can: shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
About the role
We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic Operational Project Manager, Corporate Services, who will lead the successful delivery of projects that support Intact's Office Services modernization and strategic acquisition programs.
This position is a 12-month opportunity based in Toronto, ON.
What you’ll do here:
- Lead the delivery and execution of high visibility initiatives within the Corporate Services portfolio of projects
- Work with a talented, diverse and open-minded group of individuals/stakeholders across multiple Business and IT teams
- Have exposure to delivering operational solutions using emerging technology
- Help shape the transformation of the Office Services team’s way of working
You’ll also handle many key responsibilities:
- Lead, plan and deliver all aspects of projects within scope, time, budget, quality and customer experience commitments
- Ensure releases are aligned with Corporate Services priorities
- Facilitate identification and proactive management of risks
- Ensure investment in projects that deliver the highest value to the stakeholders
- Provide overall project health reporting, ensure proactive and effective overall project communication at various levels
- Facilitate discussions, decision making and conflict resolution processes
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure all dependencies and impediments are understood, communicated and managed appropriately
- Maintain a strong business focus with an understanding of the current and strategic direction of Intact technologies
- Anticipate problems and difficult situations and take necessary measures to resolve them
- Ensure proactive and effective overall project communication at various levels
- Effectively manage relationships and expectations across all management levels
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years in project management or project lead role, delivering projects using different methodologies (Waterfall, Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience in change management and transformation within a project/program context
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent organizational, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding and competency using various project management and productivity software
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of management and staff
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in team environments, considering multiple points of view and managing conflicts
- A reputation as a solid, dynamic and charismatic leader – team members want to work with you and for you
- Undergraduate degree in Business administration, Finance or a related field
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- A casual ‘dress for your day’ culture that encourages you to be yourself
Flexible Work Arrangements
Right now, we support 100% remote work, if your role permits. We anticipate that in early 2022, we’ll be moving to a hybrid approach which gives us the best of both worlds – a mix of home and in-office workdays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our value of Respect is founded on seeing diversity as a strength, being inclusive and fostering collaboration. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please advise the Talent Acquisition partner who reaches out about the job opportunity and they will work with you to meet your needs.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that internal and external candidates will be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
Eligibility to Work in Canada
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This posting closes on October 23, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST.