Jim Dent ConstructionFull time Full day
Jim Dent Construction based in Hope, BC is a long-standing leader in Heavy Civil Construction projects throughout BC. With an established history of completing complex projects on time and within budget, Jim Dent Construction has built a reputation of getting the job done. With a diverse team providing technical experience and advanced skills to deliver results the Jim Dent team provides guidance and leadership in all departments of the company.
Team & Culture
This position will report to the Traffic Control Manager and provide field coordination for Traffic Control projects in Hope, BC. As the Supervisor, you will work with an experienced traffic team and will be expected to provide direction for the successful completion of tasks based on the expectations of the customer. Having completed your education and received your technical diploma or relevant credentials you have practical field experience backed by technical knowledge. You are a confident leader with strong communication skills, have a natural ability to adapt to many variables, and able to perform under high pressure situations and timelines.
- Experience with the demands of traffic control.
- Maintaining the overall project schedule.
- Ability to delegate and mentor traffic team.
- Serve as field-level point of contact for the client and attend client meetings.
- Have a sound understanding of, and field experience in heavy civil construction activities as it relates to traffic control.
- Able to present understanding of field work to manager and provide input on crew makeup as required.
- Natural ability to adapt quickly to changes in environment and application of work.
- Strong decision maker and able to execute decisions with confidence.
- Be well versed in regulatory & industry standards and be able to adapt to potential new requirements.
- Take initiative, collaborate with others, open to taking direction, and always willing to think outside the box.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- 5 years experience in similar role.
- Strength in managing diverse teams.
- This is a camp position if not based in Hope, BC.