Customer Service Specialist
Royal Bank of CanadaFull time Full day
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Customer Service Specialist
What is the opportunity?
You will play a key national middle office role in mitigating client, reputational and operational risks related to credit and fulfilment processes supporting RCAP Leasing and RBC Traditional Leasing services to our vendor and commercial banking relationship clients. You will enhance the client experience and support retention activities and reduce revenue leakage by providing financial solutions in response to client issues and escalation for simple and complex leasing products e.g. quotes, payment inquiries, insurance received from internal and external customers through email.
What will you do?
- Responds to all incoming emails professionally as per established service levels, quality standards and routines ensuring all targets are met
- Provides after sales support to internal and external partners for any contract related details e.g. change of address, request for Bill of Sale, invoice copy, buy out quote
- Uses in depth knowledge of product features, systems, policies, procedures and services of RCAP and RBC Leasing products to identify specific client care problem sources through effective listening, probing, and clarifying, as well as, referring to appropriate department for resolution
- Maintains a pro-active approach, ensuring ongoing or recurring problems relative to technology applications and/or product/process issues are documented and investigated, recommending solutions whenever possible
- Resolves complex and/or unique issues drawing on past experience and product knowledge, escalating to management as required
- Makes outbound calls to internal/external partners to obtain clarification
- Mitigates against revenue leakage by charging respective fees for services
What do you need to succeed?
- Excellent verbal, written and oral communication skills,
- Excellent customer service skills and proven ability to manage conflict through to resolution and seek guidance from manager when needed
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to effectively manage time and priorities, and ability to solve problems by recommending alternatives
- Strong willingness and desire to learn and multi-task and work well within a team and independently
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the terms and conditions of the contracts
- Demonstrates RBC behaviours by having positive impact on business and individual performance in day to day activities with colleagues and partners by putting clients first, collaborating as partners, developing people, acting on our accountabilities, making decisions faster and prioritizing for greatest impact
- Bilingualism would be considered an asset.
Nice to have:
- Strong knowledge of lease, financing and ancillary documentation and credit policies
- Understanding of PPSA laws across the country
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
BURLINGTON, Ontario, Canada
Personal and Commercial Banking
Contract (Fixed Term)
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.