Manager, ESG Performance
Triovest Realty Advisors Inc.Full time Full day
Join Triovest as Manager, ESG Performance at our downtown Toronto location. Reporting to the Vice President, Innovation & Sustainability, you will be responsible for implementing Triovest’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) initiatives in our developments, owned and managed assets, and internal operations. The Manager, ESG Performance will also engage with clients, employees, tenants, and suppliers, among others, to pilot and scale solutions that reduce risk, capture opportunity, and strengthen Triovest’s leadership reputation. If you want to build upon your career and make a positive impact through leadership in sustainability, then we want to hear from you!
WHY CHOOSE TRIOVEST?
At Triovest, we have clear guiding core values and principles, and we live by them every day in everything we do. When you join us, you will find that collaboration and trust go hand-in-hand, creating genuine relationships with colleagues, leaders, shareholders, and clients.
As we grow and evolve, you can too. There is ample opportunity to build your skills and grow in your career while working on exciting, industry-leading projects. Your potential is limitless.
Here is some of the great benefits that our employees enjoy:
- A comprehensive health benefits package, including a health spending account and personal spending account, access to virtual health, and an employee and family assistance program (EFAP)
- Personal & sick days
- National and local social committees – fun events, webinars and team building activities held throughout the year for employees
- Speaker Series to support diversity, equality, and inclusion
- Corporate Charity Program – making a positive difference and supporting our communities through paid volunteering days and charity matching
- Tuition for training & development
- Employee Referral Program – our people are our greatest asset, we’re always looking to grow our teams, and we offer a substantial Employee Referral Program
- Discounted membership fees with GoodLife
- Cell phone plan discounts with Rogers
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Development and asset-level, portfolio-wide
- Serve as a national sustainability resource, motivator, and champion for positive change and innovation.
- Identify, prioritize and support implementation of energy, greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, water and waste performance improvement initiatives to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop budgets and business cases for proposed capital projects and quantify carbon reduction opportunities (turnkey costs, detailed projected energy savings, ROI, IRR, etc.).
- Analyze building decarbonization potential, set annual energy, water, and carbon reduction targets and support Net Zero scenario modelling.
- Monitor, analyze and report on performance versus targets and benchmarks for energy, GHG emissions (Scope 1, 2 & 3), water and waste.
- Provide technical analysis and support project delivery as well and provide guidance on decarbonization opportunities for other project teams.
- Support the development of proposals through pricing, scope development and client interaction and work as part of a team to provide input on energy performance measures and make recommendations for cost effective improvements that target our client’s Net Zero goals.
- Ensure systematic, prioritized pursuit of investigations (audits, retro-commissioning, continuous commissioning) in collaboration with Triovest’s Energy Managers.
- Coordinate tenders and external consultants to deliver on sustainability initiatives, including providing feedback on consultant reports and recommendations.
- Develop and deliver training and communications to meet identified needs and contribute to practice development and our knowledge management system.
- Identify and communicate best practices, successes and lessons learned to key stakeholders.
- Develop, maintain, communicate, and deliver training on sustainability-related policies and procedures.
- Support implementation of Triovest’s Smart Strategy and Resilience Assessment across portfolio.
- Focusing on business development, including enhancing the relationships we foster with our current clients and expanding to new clients.
- Manage Triovest’s responses to client, tenant, and government sustainability requests.
- Undertake research to ensure the latest trends, standards, incentives, and regulations are known.
- Support the development and execution of our Sustainability and NZC growth and marketing plan.
- Create awareness and positioning Triovest as a leader in Sustainability and net zero carbon practice.
- Support Triovest’s Sustainability Steering Committee and associated Working Groups.
- Support Triovest’s response to the annual GRESB Real Estate Assessment.
- Support preparation of Triovest’s annual public sustainability report.
- Support various real estate industry sustainability initiatives (e.g., BOMA, CaGBC, REALpac, NAIOP, etc.).
- Fostering an ethical environment of accountability, excellence, inclusivity, collaboration, and innovation.
- Supporting the pursuit strategy, identifying, positioning, pitching, and securing of new business.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- The ideal candidate is highly organized with a keen eye for detail, strong technical acumen, a high level of business maturity and solid decision-making skills.
- The successful person will possess deeply rooted emotional intelligence and be a thoughtful and humble collaborator. As well, they must be self-starter, a strategic thinker and have a service-oriented attitude that will encourage continuous improvement of service and performance.
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative, keep learning, identify, and solve problems, and motivate self and others to deliver high-quality results.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an outstanding level of integrity that will gain the trust and respect of staff and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to effectively prioritize in a demanding, high paced environment.
- Ability to resolve complex issues and unforeseen obstacles quickly and efficiently.
- Desire to take on new challenges and continued professional development.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be inclusive and supportive of the diversity within the Triovest team.
- A strong communicator who can effectively address both small and large groups with empathy, credibility and trust.
- Ability to collaborate remotely across geographies and sectors.
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Sciences or Business.
- Masters-level sustainability-related training, LEED AP®, Licensed Professional Engineer, Certified Engineering Technologist, and/or Certified Energy Manager is an asset.
- 5-7 years of real estate business and sustainability experience, preferably with direct consulting experience.
- Detailed understanding of building systems, building operations, and occupant energy use.
- Hands-on delivery of energy audit and retro-commissioning assessments; implementation of commercial building energy conservation measures; and measurement of results.
- Working knowledge of the Greenhouse Gas Protocol Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard.
- Analysis of building and portfolio-level energy, GHG emissions, water and waste performance and cost data, and knowledge of best practices.
- Experience in decarbonization of existing buildings and have a solid understanding of mechanical systems and HVAC equipment.
- Experience with Building Sciences, HVAC, Lighting, Electrical Systems and Envelope.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer or are working towards becoming one (asset).
- Experience with public sustainability reporting using the Global Reporting Initiative G3.1/G4 standard (asset).
- Support of GRESB Real Estate Assessment responses (asset).
- Expertise in energy efficiency / GHG management; including a deep technical understanding of decarbonization mechanisms and technologies.
- Direct experience with GHG accounting standards (such as the GHG Protocol, ISO 14064) and experience conducting GHG inventories and life cycle assessments.
- Experience conducting Scope 3 value chain GHG assessments and knowledge of Scope 3 techniques and methods
- Knowledge of target setting approaches including science-based targets.
- Experience working on GHG emission reduction initiatives, delivering decarbonization strategies and associated cost/benefit analysis and relevant knowledge of carbon offset markets and programs.
- Ability to navigate large and complex data sets and extract insightful observations
- An understanding of low carbon technologies, renewable energy, and new emerging technologies such as CCS.
- Experience with design, construction or project management on new construction or major renovation projects with sustainability and energy efficiency objects such as LEED, Zero Carbon Building Standard.
- Detailed working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including an advanced understanding of Excel.
- Effective storyboarding and formal presentation skills.
- Familiarity with the TCFD, GRI, GRESB and other sustainability reporting frameworks (asset).
Triovest is a Canadian investment manager and developer of institutional-quality commercial and residential properties. The company offers a full suite of complementary real estate services, including asset management, leasing, property management, sustainability, and risk-mitigation services. Its portfolio of office, industrial, residential, retail, and mixed-use properties is valued at over $12 billion, with $2 billion currently under development. With more than 45 million square feet of real estate assets under management on behalf of individual and institutional investors, Triovest is one of the largest privately-owned commercial real estate companies in Canada.
We believe that the quality of our people directly impacts the quality of our work, therefore we place a high value on attracting and retaining exceptional individuals. Triovest fosters a hands-on approach to value creation for our clients through innovation and collaboration. Learn more about Triovest by visiting our website.
Triovest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We believe in the power of diversity and we are dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment at Triovest. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment and selection process.
Triovest requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An exemption from this requirement is provided on an exceptional reason, such as medical, creed or religious reasons in accordance with the relevant Human Rights legislation in the province in which you work.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday